PT Aircraft Maitenance Technician - PNS at UPS
Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Location: Huntsville, AlabamaJob Description:
Aircraft Maintenance Technician – Part-Time Position
Perform aircraft maintenance on UPS fleet to meet or exceed airworthiness standards. Performs the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aircraft components to correct failures or implement changes. Conducts troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic, engine, and structural components and systems. Documents procedures per established processes to ensure regulatory compliance. Performs tasks associated with the safe handling of an aircraft.
• Responsible for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of aircraft.
• Determines airworthiness of aircraft and components, in accordance with established procedure and Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Completes aircraft maintenance forms entries and enters data into a Maintenance Data Systems, ensures entries are accurate and complete
• Services and inspects aircraft, components and related equipment.
• Ensure consistent, accurate aircraft maintenance by properly completing turnover entries on unfinished maintenance in the turnover log.
• Follow all Maintenance Department Policies and Procedures.
• Keep a clean and orderly work environment.
• Make recommendations to improve functions within the Maintenance Department.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Line Maintenance Supervisor, or the Director of Maintenance.
• Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Must have a valid FAA Airframe and Power -Plant license
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have a minimum of three (3) years aircraft maintenance experience that could include but not limited to:
o Boeing, Airbus and/or McDonnell Douglas aircraft
o Military jet aircraft
o Regional /Commuter aircraft
• Knowledge of computer systems
• Must have Troubleshooting skills, avionics and sheet metal experienced preferred
Federal Aviation Administration required Drug Testing Information (FAA):
As part of the UPS safety sensitive position, a drug-screen is required. UPS must receive a negative test result before you can be put into a safety sensitive position (14CFR Part 120.107 (a) 4.)
Please be advised that you will be tested in accordance with 14CFR Part 120.17(5) Sub Part E to determine the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates (including codeine, heroing-6AM, and morphine), phencyclidine (PVP), and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA, MDEA, and MDA) or metabolites of these drugs.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or national of the U.S., and alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer
• Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
As part of the UPS pre-employment process for a safety sensitive position. A drug screen is required. UPS must receive a negative test result before you can be put into a safety sensitive position (14 CFR Part 120.107 (a) 4).
Please be advised that you will be tested in accordance with 14 CFR Part 120.107(5) Sub Part E to determine the presence of the marijuana, cocaine, opiates (including codeine, heroin-6AM, morphine), opioids- hydrodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone & oxymorphone, phencyclidine (PCP), and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA, MDA) or metabolites of these drugs.