RN Clinical Director - FT - Surgical Services - INTEGRIS Health Edmond at Integris
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Registered Nurse - RN Clinical Director, full time, Surgical Services with INTEGRIS Health Edmond
Ideal candidate will possess experience leading a staff and working with physicians in every aspect of the department. Focus on productivity and working with operational metrics, managing process flow, along with leading a group of clinical professions - all with INTEGRIS' mission, vision and values of LOVE, LEARN and LEAD as the forefront. Our surgery department continues to grow with the facility and the community of Edmond.
Additionally, the hospital offers inpatient and outpatient general and orthopedic surgery suites, endoscopy rooms for colonoscopies and pain procedures. Full diagnostic imaging capabilities are offered as well, including MRI, CT scan, nuclear medicine, X-ray, stress testing, a private women's suite for mammography and bone density screening.
* To learn more about INTEGRIS Surgical Services; the link below will take you directly to our INTEGRIS Surgical Services Web Site
Clinical Director I
Job Code: 0132
The Clinical Director plans, organizes, directs and coordinates nursing care and other activities for multiple unit(s)/department(s). This includes 24-hour responsibility for the functioning of the unit/department, management of nursing staff, fiscal management and quality improvement initiatives. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Clinical Director's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Directs employee performance management and provides ongoing education opportunities for staff members
* Responsible for fiscal management of unit/department
* Responsible for overall management of the staffing schedule. May participate in a rotating staffing call schedule within service line.
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with Standards of Nursing Practice for assigned unit(s)/department(s) as well as local, state, federal, and Regulatory Agency standards
* Implements, reviews, interprets and revises all relevant Integris Health and departmental policies and procedures
* Community Health Improvement/CHI Only: Act as a resource for Community Health Improvement and rural facilities.
* CHI Only: Oversight of the Western Village Academy Clinic and the INTEGRIS Free Clinic.
Reports to the Administrative Director or Vice President.
Guidelines for Job Code Designation:
Job Code 0132 up to 2 units/departments and up to 150 employees
Job Code 0135 2 units/departments and 150 employees
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, and chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing required. Masters degree in Nursing preferred (eff 12/31/2012)
* Current Oklahoma RN License
* National Certification in Administration or clinical specialty required (eff 6/30/2012)
* 5 years RN experience
* Previous nursing management experience preferred
* BLS certification or completion within 30 days of hire required
* Surgical Services Only: 3 years current operating room, PACU, or outpatient surgery experience, with 1 year prior management experience required
* For Jim Thorpe Rehab Hospital, the national certification for Rehab nursing, CRRN, is preferred
* For Community Health Improvement, ARNP with Prescriptive Authority is required