Department Lead Sanitation at Blue Diamond Growers
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sacramento, California
Hourly Rate (if applicable):
Under the direction of management, perform in a lead role, to include leading a team of assigned employees to perform duties typical of that area plus assist in the organizing and work flow direction of employees as required. This position will usually be assigned to an Inventory or Production unit/department.
- Under the direction of management, responsible for leading peers within assigned areas, communicating the daily work plan, to include the assignment of individual tasks, leading the work flow, and assuring assigned work is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with the training of employees to ensure they understand the duties, equipment, inventory, and requirements for the area assigned.
- Under the direction of management, leads and coordinates the cleaning and sanitizing of production equipment, to include accurate maintenance of cleaning records of sanitation performance.
- Assists in the documentation and maintenance of work records, to track daily productivity accomplishments to ensure company goals, schedules, deadlines and standards are met.
- At managements request, provides feedback regarding the performance of peers within assigned areas.
- Must be trained and have thorough working knowledge of Blue Diamond line certification, HACCP processes and auditing, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs) and safety practices.
- Assists and leads in ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory requirements involving food and worker safety.
- Works overtime as necessary as assigned and directed by Management.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by supervisor/manager
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- At least two years experience in the responsibilities of the area assigned and requires progressively responsible experience in troubleshooting and leading workflow.
- Duties may vary from unit to unit so incumbent is required to do extensive planning, coordinating, and prioritizing, within the limits established by managerial direction and company policies/procedures.
- Expected to anticipate and identify problems related to normal business operations and choose appropriate responses based on established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Practical experience in lead peers in daily tasks/assignments is an advantage, but not required.
- The work flow direction aspects of this job require the incumbent to provide information regarding a peers work to the supervisor/manager so appropriate action can be taken regarding the disciplining, hiring, and terminating of an employee.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous dismantling of equipment.
- Must have HS Diploma or GED.
Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability