Codes and Records Specialist (Electrical) at P1 Group
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
P1 Group, Inc has an opening for Facility Maintenance Codes and Records Specialist-Electrical working at The University of Kansas Health System, in Kansas City, KS.
You must be willing to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
**Health insurance is fully paid by the company for this position.
When necessary, additional duties may be assigned, and P1 Group expects the incumbent to exercise initiative to anticipate and prevent problems.
- Inspect, diagnose and test mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and fire & life safety systems, using a variety of tools and instruments.
- Apply safety precaution pertaining to: Safety regulations and procedures; chemical safety, hazard communication program; personal protective equipment; lifting procedures, back injury prevention; flammable storage, housekeeping; fire extinguisher training.
- Service batteries (Lead acid, Nicad, Lead Calcium)
- Perform periodic switchgear maintenance of relays and control switches; troubleshoot switchgear circuits and control switches; replace circuit components (instrument meters, surge protectors, relays, control switches).
- Troubleshoot motors, motor control circuits, across the line starters, reduce voltage starters (auto transformer, resister), reversing starters, and electrical systems in hazardous locations, battery banks and battery chargers.
- Install disconnects lights, devices and electrical panels; install motors, motor control circuits, electrical systems in hazardous locations and transformers; install battery banks, battery chargers and switch gear; install intrusion alarm systems and grounding systems in general facilities.
- Calculate power requirements for electrical systems (conductors, protective devices, physical protection)
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits, appliances, systems, facilities, and related electrical controls and devices.
- Must be proficient and have good working knowledge of fire detection and fire
- Perform specified preventive maintenance and testing of equipment.
- Ability to oversee and work on the fire detection systems and fire suppression systems as needed.
- Must be proficient and have good working knowledge of Building Management Systems.
- Suppression systems and perform scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of life safety codes and TJC requirements.
- Perform prescribed non-destructive tests; collect and report deficiencies as well as document all tests using both computer and hand written logs.
- Good communication skills in a highly demanding environment with the owner, or the owner’s representative, on the work performed and present status of various system(s).
- Interpret engineering drawings in reference to layout, location and operation of the system(s).
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations
- Performs all work in accordance with established code and safety procedures.
- Other duties as required and qualified to perform.
- Candidate must be very detail-oriented with analytical, mathematical, and grammatical aptitude. Accuracy and precise calculation ability will be essential to the position.
- Ability to multi-task assignments-works on multiple projects simultaneously and retains detail on a daily basis.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Preferred: Technical/Professional Training/Degree, or Trade Certificate.
- Must have ability to interpret blue prints, estimating jobs and familiar with hand tools & equipment associated with the trades.
- Skills/Experience: 5-10 years minimum of work experience in planning, repairing and maintaining fire alarm systems, bank switch gears, and emergency generators by following written operating procedures.
- Planning, constructing and installation of low voltage systems in health care buildings. Required ability to read and interpret sketches, blueprints and schematics. Required to maintain standard EPA records.
- Familiar with NEC 70-72, NFPA 101 life safety code, NFPA 99, NFPA 13, standards for fire door inspections, med gas inspections, ASHRE air validations for Health care. Experience in Health Care occupancy, Ambulatory, Class B, High Rise and other Health Care facilities for regulatory compliance.
- Must be skilled in planning, repairing and maintaining high voltage fuses, link boxes, cutouts and transformer connections.
- Maintain and repair voltage lines, transformers and high voltage equipment.
- Makes necessary connections to circuit breakers, transformers, disconnects and electrical equipment, automatic HVAC equipment, boiler controls, and elevator controls. Required ability to read and interpret sketches, blueprints and schematics.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must have access to drive a well maintained vehicle. Must have up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles. Both the candidate and the vehicle must be currently covered on a personal insurance policy.
Upon offer of position you are required to provide the following:
- Medical records showing up-to-date tuberculosis (TB) test or authorization for new TB testing.
- Medical records showing up-to-date vaccinations or proof of immunity regarding the vaccination list below. If no immunity, then authorization for new vaccinations or a signed declination is required regarding the vaccination list below. Vaccinations are measles, mumps, rubella (combined MMR), chickenpox (Varicella), tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis (Tdap), and Hepatitis B.
- Annual vaccination for influenza (flu) is required during flu season or medical proof of flu vaccine allergy and signed declination.
About our company
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
P1 Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
See Job Description