Dispatcher at Waste Connections
Posted in Admin - Clerical 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Requisition Primary LocationShreveport, Louisiana
- Looking for a Career Path with a GROWING Company?!
As a member of our world class Dispatch Team, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7.5 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 42 states, the District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America”, 3 Years in a Row!
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a Dispatcher to join the team at our site in Shreveport, LA. In this position you will be taking calls from our customers and dispatching our drivers to the customers. This is a very fast paced position that requires strong computer skills, excellent communication skills, the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Analyzing and resolving customer inquiries for missed pick-ups, misplaced containers and property damage.
- Assisting driver(s) when a pick up or delivery is in question before servicing.
- Scheduling and dispatching work to various employees and departments throughout the day.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers daily.
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment. Solicit sale of new or additional services.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent is a must.
- 2 years of Dispatcher experience in a transportation or logistics atmosphere preferred.
- Strong typing skills
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Etc)
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both orally and written.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future at www.wasteconnections.com!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)