Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
The Patient Access Representative position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana
• The Patient Access Representative serves as the first point of contact for visitors who enter the facilities and is responsible for all aspects of customer service for Patient Access/Patient Accounts areas in a manner that ensures a customer focused, quality conscious work climate
• Primary functions include, focusing on interpersonal skills, data collection, and the ability to assess situations and to assist the team in developing solutions to achieve excellence in customer service while ensuring the financial viability of the hospital
• Collecting and verifying patient and insurance demographics, securing pre-certifications and/or pre-notifications for patient services, collection of co-pay and deposits prior to services and providing financial assistance to patient
• Responsible for recognizing the patients' ability to pay or need of assistance, as well as, assisting patients in their efforts to obtain services within Community Health Network in a timely manner
Two years of experience in a healthcare office setting preferred; General working knowledge of healthcare office billing requirements with strong customer service skills required
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Associate’s Degree preferred
• Ability to work with all types of patients
• Excellent verbal and written communication including professional one-on-one interactions and phone skills
• Bilingual a plus
• Ability to multi-task, have attention to detail, strong organization skills, and a team player
• Excellent critical thinking skills
• Proficient in data entry with multiple software application usage
• Resourceful out-of-the box thinker, ensuring timely resolution of patient needs
• Maintains professional demeanor in every level of communications whether inter-department, customer, peer, or leadership
Registration, Administrative, Patient Access
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.