Licensed Practical Nurse - FT Days - Ambulatory Infusion - INTEGRIS Southwest Medical Center at Integris
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Licensed Practical Nurse, Full Time, Days, Ambulatory Infusion, Southwest Medical Center
Job Code: 2011
Preference will be given to LPNs with ambulatory surgery, hospital or infusion experience
The Licensed Practical Nurse assumes responsibility for the delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process, under the supervision of a registered nurse and the order of a physician. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Licensed Practical Nurse responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Contributes to the assessment/re-assessment of patients
* Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions
* Monitors for signs and systems related to abnormal lab values, and deviation from baseline assessments
* Reports changes in patient status to the physician and initiate any new orders from the physician as directed
Promotes patient satisfaction and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
INTEGRIS Home Care:
* Reports changes in patient status to the physician and initiate any new orders from the physician as directed.
* Reports clinical update to the RN Case Manager assigned to your patients after each visit
* Performs patient assignments as coordinated with the Case Manager and scheduling department under the direction of the Clinical Manager.
* Performs specialized skills as per agency policies/procedures.
* Ensures implementation of interventions for improved quality of patient care and patient outcomes as per established plan of care.
* Instructs the patient/caregiver in sign/symptoms of complications and home management related to disease process as per plan of care.
* Assists the patient/caregiver in following medical recommendations.
INTEGRIS Family Care Clinics:
* Participates in charge management to ensure chart accuracy with each visit.
* Documents patient information in the medical record accurately and timely.
* Reports suspected abuse and refers patient/family to appropriate health or social resource.
* Performs Venipuncture, EKG, Waived Testing, Bone Density, X-Ray, and other procedures as assigned by the physician, manager or clinical supervisor. Performs sterilization of equipment after a procedure is performed.
* Gathers and documents information about patient condition, which includes lab values, pain levels, patient education needs, nutritional status and potential complications.
* Contributes to the assessment/re-assessment of patients.
* Monitors and documents patient status.
* Participates in the development of the plan of care, including implementation and evaluation of appropriate patient care interventions which may include medication administration.
* Participates in JCAHO readiness.
The Licensed Practical Nurse reports to the department director, business office manager, or clinical manager/weekend supervisor.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
INTEGRIS Mental Health:
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical restraint of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management Technique System.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow standard precautions.
INTEGRIS Home Care: Exposed to inclement weather conditions while driving to and from patient homes. Frequent exposure to extreme temperature changes, poor environmental aspects such as poor lighting, poor ventilation, excessive heat/cold, stressful patient/family situations, unclean environment, pet odors, cigarette smoke.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Current Oklahoma LPN license
* LPN experience preferred
* BLS and/or ACLS as required by department.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
* This job requires the incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
INTEGRIS Home Care:
* 1 year of LPN experience.
* Home Care experience preferred.
INTEGRIS Mental Health:
* This job prefers, if needed, the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
Incumbent will not be required to operate an INTEGRIS-owned vehicle or personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned).