Director of Procurement at Charter Communications
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado
Location: United States - Colorado - Greenwood Village
Area of Interest: Procurement/Purchasing
Position Type: Full Time
Do you want to be a valuable member of an engaged and modern procurement organization that has invested in best in class technology and is focused on the Business priorities over its own procurement plans? Can you work in fast-paced dynamic work environment? Can you remain calm under pressure? Are you able to identify clear steps for achieving objectives while still building personal relationships? Can you work and think creatively and identifying alternate solutions to problems? If you answer “Yes” to these questions, then we want you.
Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States. A Fortune 100 company who employs over 90,000 employees in the US with revenue of $29B, Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including Spectrum TV™ video entertainment programming, Spectrum Internet™ access, and Spectrum Voice™. More information about Charter can be found at www.spectrum.com.
- As a key member of the Procurement Leadership team, this position is focused on strategic sourcing, negotiations, contract execution, strategic supplier relationship management, oversees spend analysis/management activities, change/transition management and team member development.
- The role contributes to the broad strategy that will drive the organization’s ability to leverage the company’s total spend by partnering with business leaders to deliver incremental value and reduce the total cost of ownership.
- The Director is responsible for developing and leading others in building and maintaining strong linkages with stakeholders to ensure alignment on objectives and prioritization of activities.
- The role is also responsible for leveraging supplier relationships and maximizing value contributions through an effective strategic sourcing and contracting process.
- This individual will be accountable for providing leadership, training, and guidance to staff in their overall development.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Develop commodity specific sourcing strategies and category plans that span across the business.
- Perform required business analysis with key stakeholders to align business priorities with procurement initiatives.
- Lead the supplier selection process through management of formal RFP, RFQ and RFI processes.
- Conduct market and industry analysis.
- Utilize Procurement expertise to develop in-depth knowledge of suppliers and evaluate their capabilities to help drive solutions for our internal stakeholders.
Determine, oversee and perform the negotiation and contract management of large-scale, enterprise-wide volume purchase agreements.
- Oversee supplier contract performance - acting as an escalation point in the event of non-performance.
- Evaluate new business models or use innovative approaches to optimize results.
- Manage supplier relationships and contract activities in support of the business.
- Develop, monitor and amend departmental processes and procedures to ensure effective administration of agreements and centralization of procurement activities.
- Leverage systems including Contract management, P2P and Supplier management to improve sourcing strategies and communication with suppliers.
- Train and develop management staff to ensure alignment of departmental activities with organizational goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize projects and align with their strategic objectives.
- Manage direct reports through leveraging team member skills, coaching, and identifying developmental activities to achieve department goals.
- Innovate to achieve company’s business objectives.
- Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Strategic thinking and tactical execution skills
- Self-driven with an adaptive leadership style and a passion for procurement
- Strong analytical skills
- Business and financial acumen
- Sourcing and complex negotiations
- Relationship management and influencing capabilities skills
- Problem solving/issue resolution skills
- Excellent communication/presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Total cost of ownership focus
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Supply Chain Management preferred).
- Master’s desirable.
Related Work Experience & Number of Years
- Experience in procurement contract negotiation and contract - 8-10 Years
- Experience managing and developing employees - 5 Years
- Experience in eProcurement technology (Ariba preferred)
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.