Manager - Machine Learning Software Engineering at C3 IoT
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Redwood City, California
Redwood City (HQ), CA, United States Manager - Machine Learning Software Engineering
C3 IoT is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand for enterprise scale Big Data, AI, and IoT applications to enable Digital Transformation. The C3 IoT Platform utilizes real-time performance monitoring and predictive analytics to optimize business processes, differentiate products and services, and create revenue streams. Through an innovative type system and open, extensible platform, C3 IoT has become the world's leader in delivering Digital Transformation initiatives.
The team is responsible for delivering a data analysis and machine learning platform supporting internal and external Data Science teams and data streams at a peak volume of 1.5 million transactions per second. You will be part of C3IoT's fast-moving and engineering-driven organization with highly motivated engineers who tackle challenges and problems that have never been solved before.
This management position is highly visible, will require frequent communication and interactions with our senior leadership team, and will require a driven individual taking on the responsibilities to develop and shape our product roadmap and strategic goals.
- Be passionate about driving and leading your team to success and help them to excel
- Grow the Machine Learning Engineering team by hiring as well as developing engineers within your existing team
- Interface and communicate regularly with our senior management and technical architects
- Lead the release and sprint planning efforts and prioritize tasks for the Machine Learning Engineering team
- Train and mentor internal and external team members
- Lead C3IoT's Machine Learning R&D efforts, drive those initiatives, and take ownership of the deliverables
- Collaborate with others to design and implement your technical vision for the machine learning team and C3IoT Platform capabilities
- Be a hands-on contributor during the entire development cycle from conception & design all the way through release
- Help to design and build tools for the Data Science team to mine data at scale
- Ensure the scalability of Machine Learning analytics across millions of networked sensors
- Work with other engineering teams to integrate our streaming, batch, or ad-hoc analysis algorithms into C3 IoT's suite of applications
- Work closely with data scientists in early phases of products development to understand their research, develop new tools, and ensure smooth integration and scalability of data science algorithms
- Significant leadership experience managing highly technical teams
- Advanced degree in computer science, math, or similar field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an analytics software company
Machine learning and deep learning expert
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to dive deep and getting things done.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- End-to-end ownership of projects
- Stellar listening and explanation skills
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Thorough knowledge of data structures, algorithms, profiling/optimization, and Object-Oriented and Functional Programming
- Excellent programming and algorithmic skills and a strong interest in analytical challenges
- Experience with large-scale analytics paradigms (Map Reduce, Spark, NoSQL, etc.)
- Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed machine learning systems
- Demonstrated understanding of core Machine Learning methodologies like regression, classification, clustering, predictive analytics, decision trees, natural language processing, neural networks & deep learning, support vector machines
- Experience with Amazon AWS services
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance