Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic at SKB Environmental/ Waste Connections
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rosemount, Minnesota
Job TitleHeavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationRosemount, Minnesota
Are you the Best HEAVY EQUIPMENT Diesel Mechanic to ever turn a wrench?!
$5,000 Sign on Bonus!
Looking for a Career Path with a Future?
As a member of our world class team of Fleet Mechanics, you will feel like a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our fleet the safest in the industry! Do you love the sound of a pneumatic wrench? Is the use of a flame-cutting tool your idea of a fun day? If the answer is Yes, then you’re who were looking for!
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a high energy Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic to join the team at our landfill in Rosemount, MN. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment. Several pieces of yellow iron currently on site. (compactors, Dozers, excavators, mowing tractor, motor grader, Haul truck and a few pick up trucks)
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns. Breakdowns may occur on the working face of the landfill.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair equipment on the landfill. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus!
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Certification(s):ASE - Department of Transportation