Product Line Support Chemist (PLSC) - Liquor at Cargill
Posted in Science 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Position Purpose & Summary
The Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory (FSQR) Professional or FSQR Process Line Support Chemist (PLSC) is responsible for ensuring products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety, as well as, developing an in depth understanding of specific processes or Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory (FSQR) systems. The FSQR Professional will often provide focused expertise in one or more areas which include food safety, process management/support, manufacturing processes, data management, quality systems, analytical expertise, instrumentation, raw ingredient and final product management. The FSQR Professional position encompasses design of experiments, evaluation of new equipment, support of process initiatives, coordination of process initiatives, training of operations teams and Technicians, process auditing, and knowledge/development of food safety, instrumentation or computer systems. The FSQR Professional will also assist in customer audits, coordinate incident management for process area, initiatives, and follow-up. The FSQR Professional position maintains and coordinates FSQR daily operations for process area, including partnership with production operations and the FSQR team. The FSQR Professional leads training for their respective processing area. The success of the FSQR Professional position is measured in local impact to customer satisfaction, minimization of process variation, process recovery realization, waste reduction, cost minimization, and ability to act as a FSQR specialist backup.
40% Daily assessment of process quality parameters and FSQR systems including cross-checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing and oversight of analytical testing performed by technicians and operations associates. Key FSQR resource responsible for the execution of Food Safety and Quality programs for a specific processing area.
30% Process improvement support, specialized testing, training, auditing of systems, data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action, and communication with regard to processing data, raw ingredients and final product.
10% Training of new FSQR Professionals, operators, technicians and personnel from other functional areas.
10% Final product approval. Assurance of compliance to customer specifications.
10% Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (ie. process improvement projects, development and modification of FSQR procedures and documents, recruiting and interviewing of new employees and assisting other locations with process startups and projects.)
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 1 year FSQR Experience OR 5 years of FSQR Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelors degree in Science field.
- Cargill FSQR experience.
- Ability to work independently and learn things on their own.
- Proven ability to anticipate, recognize, and solve process and laboratory problems, implement improvements based on the findings.
- Knowledge of FSQR systems and computer software.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with large projects extending over a period of time.