Customer Service Representative at Waste Connections
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lacey, Washington
Job TitleCustomer Service Representative
Requisition Primary LocationLacey, Washington
As a member of our world class team of Customer Service Reps, you will feel like you’re a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Can you turn issues into opportunities? Does “High Call Volume” sound like your kind of day? If the answer is Yes, then you’re who were looking for!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 2.5 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 41 states. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America”, 3 Years in a Row!
Click here to view a short video about Waste Connections, Inc.: http://www.maddash.net/videos/waste-connections
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a High Energy Customer Service Representative to join the team at our location in Lacey, WA. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into computer for customer service, talks with customers by phone and in person, to receive orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records and issues discontinuance orders.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements and resolve problems or complaints in a courteous manner
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment with very detailed expectations
- Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- Assist in other areas as needed
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday from 830-5
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work environment is in a call center. Areas are clean, ventilated, and well lighted. Our Customer Service Reps normally have their own workstation or cubicle space and are equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer.
- CSR call areas can be noisy and work may be repetitious and stressful, with little time in between calls, while still providing excellent service. Some calls are evaluated to ensure high standards.
- Also, long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen are very common.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience in a high call volume atmosphere.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Email preferred. Typing and 10-key skills are required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
Education:High School (Required)