Application Designer at TMG Clive Location (Admin)
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
CO-OP Financial Services provides technically superior products and services to financial institutions across the nation. We are seeking a talented Application Designer to be responsible for assessing IT application solutions, analyzes their functionality, efficiency and productivity, and then helps to design, develop and implement new technical solutions. This includes identifying new technologies, partners, and applications to enhance and improve the companies market or internal offerings. Helps with maintaining a technology reference model. Creates architecture artifacts along the project lifecycle to document technical requirements and vision. Works with other areas of the business to assess needs and figure out the underlying issue that needs to be solved. Must be able to communicate technical content to a non-technical person. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer secure solutions and will be effectively integrated with current applications. Stays on top of new technology and is always learning new skills to come up with innovative ways to solve complex problems.
- Assess IT application solutions, analyze their functionality, efficiency and productivity, and then help to design, develop and implement new technical solutions.
- Define requirements based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms.
- Create and maintain application artifacts.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- Actively supports CO-OP’s strategic future, culture and leadership practices.
- Proactively pursues development opportunities and show expected progress on learning plan.
- Research industry best practices.
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or equivalent degree, or equivalent experience can be substituted for degree
- Knowledge of database design and development
- Fundamental software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation. Good understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- Knowledge of finance and credit card systems is essential.
- Should have a mix of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- 10+ years of experience locating technical problems and identify potential solutions.
- 10+ years of experience handling a diverse range of duties on both the technical side of things and the business side of things.
- 10+ years of experience building relationships with the clients, understanding and gathering business requirements, analyzing the benefits of the proposed solution and then dissecting project briefs.
- 10+ years of experience in maintaining and modifying complex systems and/or designs and develops integrated subsystems. Guides users in formulating requirements; analyzes resulting user proposals and conducts feasibility studies.
- Recommends optimum approach, advises on alternatives and on the implications of new or revised data processing systems.
- 10+ years of experience creating and maintaining system documentation.
- 10+ years of experience developing and managing internal procedures, tools, and documents to provide a high level of application integrity and availability and to ensure timely, effective support. This includes writing and developing technical support standards and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience working with a team of developers, conducting feasibility studies and directing technical testing and validation procedures.
- 5+ years of experience drafting detailed plans, writing reports and designing technical specifications.
- 5+ years of experience providing technical analysis, design, installation, maintenance and modification of broad/complex computer systems.
If you are highly motivated, detail oriented and would enjoy the diversity of opportunities and challenges, please submit your resume and cover letter.
CO-OP Financial Services is the technology engine that provides access and convenience for credit unions. With over 35 years of credit union service, CO-OP connects credit union members to their accounts through Debit, Credit, ATM, Shared Branching, Member Interaction Services, Mobile, Virtual, and Bill Pay services. CO-OP serves a total of 3,500 member credit unions, 50 million cardholders, 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs, and more than 5,500 shared branches. Handling three billion-plus annual transactions, CO-OP is the nation’s largest credit union service organization—offering resources that enable deeper member engagement to help credit unions prosper.