Cargill Brands Sr. Food Scientist - Wichita, KS at Cargill
Posted in Science 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
The Sr. Food Scientist will be accountable for coordinated, aligned and successful innovation through exploration, development, and implementation of new and improvement of existing products in Cargill Cooked Proteins, Soups & Sauces Group. Project work will align with the business strategy and focus on thermal product development/optimization. Customer focused innovation activities will focus on consumer insights, new product and technology development, new process development, customer partnership and technical sales support. Innovation includes the entire process from ideation to commercialization. The purpose of this position is to provide technical expertise and project leadership to: 1) New product development for product line growth, 2) Optimization of existing products/processes, and 3) Involvement in strategic plan and creation of a center of excellence and collaboration with other Cargill scientists. Principal Accountabilities 60% Ideate, research, and develop customer focused products, services, and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products and solutions.
15% Develop and build key customer and industry/vendor relationships to facilitate innovation and to stay abreast of trend and market analysis, and new developments in meat and functional food ingredients.
10% Documentation and IP protection of formulae and processes developed.
10% Assist Sales with customer ideation sessions, prototype development, and presentations.
5% Support core processed meat products through optimization and troubleshooting.
60% Ideate, research, and develop customer focused products, services, and solutions that deliver commercially viable new products and solutions.
• Bachelor´s Degree in Food Science, Meat Science or other related field or equivalent experience in meat/food processing.
• 7 or more years of experience in product development and/or commercialization of processed meats with thorough understanding of dry sausage formulations and processing.
• Proficient computer and strong project management skills with a drive for results.
• Highly motivated individual with a strong background in scientific procedure, data analysis, experimental design, technical writing and effective written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work in hot and cold environments.
• Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.