Loan Processing Assistant at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Angelo, Texas
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Loan Processor Assistant plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of activities related to the company’s Regional Operations functions. This role is primarily responsible for, under direct supervision, for assisting the Loan Processors by reviewing files, ordering supporting documents, and other tasks to help the processors prepare mortgage loans for underwriting and closing within Guild Mortgage Company and industry guidelines.
- Requests and reviews file documentation, including income/employment verifications, bank statements or verifications of deposit and property valuations; opens escrow and title.
- Reviews all documentation received for completeness and ensures appropriate data is entered in the company’s origination system, and that appropriate documentation is uploaded to the company’s paperless file system.
- Communicates with loan processor regarding documentation needed to process the loan and maintain effective follow up to ensure receipt of needed documents.
- Assists loan processor to gather information to clear underwriting conditions. Responds to inquiries and follows up with key individuals promptly to resolve problems.
- Communicates directly with loan officer, loan processor, closer, title companies and insurance companies to ensure that loans close in a timely manner.
- Assists loan processor to help resolve investor stipulations.
- Stays up-to-date on all current, applicable industry standards.
- Maintains complete and accurate information within the Loan Processing System while effectively managing a high volume of loans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent required, some related college courses or degree desired, along with some knowledge of mortgage lending policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Well-developed ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time and resource management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Intermittent to low supervision required, depending on experience
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities
- Travel: 0%
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description