Medical Technologist-W. Kendall (P/T w/benefits; Nights) at Nicklaus Children's Health System
Posted in Health Care 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Performs laboratory tests for clinical diagnosis while adhering to guidelines of licensing and regulatory agencies. Works under the supervision of the Section Chief, Chief of Pathology and Clinical Laboratories and the Director of Operations.
Minimum Job Requirements
- State of Florida Clinical Laboratory Technologist license required - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment.
Job Specific Duties:
- Complies with hospital and laboratory safety regulations.
- Maintains temperatures and performs quality control on instrumentation and reagents used daily.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance and calibrations on instruments and equipment. Maintains cleanliness of instruments, equipment, and area.
- Performs internal and external proficiency testing; evaluates and responds to proficiency testing survey results promptly.
- Participates in teaching laboratory procedures and policies to students and staff rotations.
- Performs and reports laboratory tests accurately in required turnaround time.
- Performs quality control/quality improvement processes and maintains required records.
- Recognizes and reports critical values within specified timeframes to appropriate patient care personnel.
- Conducts parallel studies, evaluates new instrumentation, and implements new test procedures per CAP standards.
- Participates in department lean processes overseen by director.
- Demonstrates and ensures proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) indication and use.
- Reviews instrumentation, processes, re-agents, and storage to ensure compliance on a daily basis.
- Complies with accrediting agencies (FDA, CAP, DNV, AHCA, CMS , AABB) standards and regulations.
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education requirements.
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as outlined by MCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy & procedures. Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- Ensures behavior meets and/or exceeds targeted service scores as measured by the Service Index and/or the internal departmental service survey.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- National Certification is preferred
- Ability to communicate in English promptly, clearly, and courteously, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to interpret and analyze information to perform laboratory procedures
- Ability to use computer to enter and access patient data
- Able to accurately relay patient test results to appropriate person
- Knowledge of and ability to perform laboratory techniques and use laboratory instruments
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information and adheres to HIPPA guidelines
- Able to work cooperatively and constructively with physicians, patients, families, and co-workers
- Ability to problem solve to adapt standard clinical procedures to the individual client's need
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions