Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Position Title: Scientist, Structural Biology
Working Location: Maryland
Employment Status: Postgraduate Development Programs
Required Experience: Less than 1 year
Required Education: Phd/Doctorate
Travel Required: 0%
• Post-doctoral fellows within GSK’s global collaborative training programme will have the opportunity to:
-Be part of cutting edge science to advance GSK’s mission ‘to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, and live longer’.
-Accelerate your post-doctoral research with GSK’s extensive R&D engine.
-Bridge the gap from target identification to medicine for patients in-need by leveraging GSK’s: Tools, Technologies, Libraries, Samples, People, Knowledge Base, & Training program.
Postdoctoral research will be focused on addressing the critical R&D challenges that have been selected as cutting edge science and are optimal areas of science for post-doctoral training.
Your Postdoctoral experience will be accompanied by tremendous support at GSK with the opportunity for daily collaborations with world-class scientists. GSK is committed to providing each postdoc with a mentor who will be focused on providing a comprehensive training program and are expected to nurture skills that will enable postdocs to become independent scientific investigators.
Postdocs are actively encouraged to publish and present their research at internal and external meetings and participate in the GSK R&D postdoc community, which will include scientific and social programming.
Ideal candidates will: Set direction & inspire, Work across boundaries, Release energy, Develop capabilities, Drive performance, and Live the GSK values, serving patients and consumers.
Post-doc Experiences and Responsibilities:
The goal of this post-doctoral role will be focused on devising, implementing and optimizing experimental protocols in the areas of vaccines discovery and development. Must be proficient with structural biology methods, specifically X-ray crystallography and Cryo-electron microscopy. Experience with epitope mapping and RNA viruses is preferred.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities, Decision Making:
• Independently devise new strategies and assays
• Contributes information as requested
• Ensures accuracy of information provided
• Ensures timely sharing of information
Impact on Science, Research and Strategy:
• Develops, collects, generates, and presents scientific data
• Understands and follows work instructions and/or standard protocols and procedures
• Understands scientific presentations by team members required for own job activities
Know-how of Science and Research:
• Understands and applies job-relevant GSK processes (e.g. performance management, development planning, key performance indicators, work instructions)
• Understands timelines and resource management
• Understands function operating procedures and/or internal policies required to maintain quality standards and to protect GSK intellectual property
• Reviews and/or authors laboratory journals
This role will be located at GSK, Rockville, MD, USA.
Please use the cover letter to highlight how you fit the applicant profile and meet the skills and competencies for the role. Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application.
• Ph.D. degree and/or a M.D./Ph.D. in a Structural Biology-related discipline
• Experience working in a lab environment in the area of Structural Biology.
• At least one publication in peer-reviewed journal.
Fluency in English, spoken and written.
To be successful in the role, this person must have the ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific data; must be comfortable conversing with opinion leaders regarding highly technical information; must be a self-starter able to handle multiple projects concurrently; possess a good balance of creative, analytical and strong communication skills; ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment and he/she must be a Team Player.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.