Sales Executive, Restaurant East at Valassis Communications, Inc.
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hialeah, Florida
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 15,000 advertisers proven and innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients’ most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. We continue to harness the innovative, entrepreneurial spirit on which this $2.3 billion company was built in 1970.
Job Title: Sales Executive, Restaurant
Position Summary: The Sales Executive is responsible to meet or exceed revenue objectives and sales goals through servicing and growing accounts as well as new business acquisition.
- Make sales calls for the purpose of: Identifying and capturing all revenue opportunities, expanding knowledge base of customer business/objectives and requirements, building meaningful value-added relationships, selling the value of Valassis products/services and solutions and work toward establishing partnerships.
- Penetrate and close new business opportunities
- Build and cultivate relationships to maintain and grow revenue in all accounts
- Acquire and sell to close, accounts with varying complexity levels
- Maintain and grow customer accounts optimizing revenue opportunities:
- Act as a trusted business partner, build meaningful value-add relationships
- Successful at building relationships with senior level clients and decision makers
- Tactical and flawless implementation of programs
- Point of client contact for problem solving and comprehensive and strategic account management
- Develop and cultivate new business opportunities with the client
- Develop strategic advertising ideas / programs
- Participate in account strategy sessions.
- Negotiate contracts; engaging internal resources as needed
- Client interaction includes:
- Using data, research and insights to create constructive tension with clients and lead them toward a Valassis solution
- Understanding of how Customers’ consumer marketing, advertising and trade/sales dollars are being spent to include: Competing for and securing every order or reporting it as competitive activity; create cross-selling and up-selling opportunities.
- Sell product mix as appropriate to ensure success, with a strong emphasis on digital solutions
- Engage internal experts and support as needed
- Research, tailor and teach commercial insights to challenge the clients status quo
- Obtain and understand Customers’ marketing and advertising requirements and objectives
- Create demand for all Valassis Products, Services and Solutions
- Effectively work through internal processes and procedures to support optimization of Reporting and Sales:
- Maintain accurate forecasts and pipelines through effective utilization of Salesforce.com
- Submit all planning and reports as required
- Manage customer information/intelligence in accordance with company policy
- Comply with all pricing and profit guidelines
- Manage all internal and external requests in a professional and timely fashion
- Establish/maintain working relationships with internal personnel
Education & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in the fields of Business, Marketing, or Communications; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Experience / Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of successful outside sales and/or account management experience; preferably with medium to large size accounts. Relevant sales and or Restuarant experience will be considered.
- Proven experience and continual development of proficiency with solution selling and closing opportunities
- Experience highly preferred as a new hire, and the ability to become proficient as a new hire in:
- Industry: Marketing, Media, Advertising
- Managing client relationships
- Digital products
- Selling multiple / integrated products
- Selling to the Restaurant industry
- Exhibit strong skills in: problem resolution, overcoming objections, initiative, conceptual selling, presentation delivery, negotiation, innovation and managing multiple priorities
- Digitally proficient
- Manage client expectations
- Ability to interpret marketplace needs and translate them into products/services
- Propensity to create constructive tension with clients
- Highly developed client solution selling and targeting skills
- Innovative, analytical and strategic thinking
- Displays Emotional (EQ) and Cognitive (IQ) Intelligence; the ability to read those around you and appropriately respond intellectually and emotionally
- Ability to easily adapt to change; including the market, products and internal initiatives
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization and outside
- Come across as credible in the clients business, our product offerings and in professionalism; ability to develop the clients trust easily
- Experience in sales reporting/forecasting
- Ability to effectively perform formal presentations to clients and internally as needed
- Organized, detail-oriented and thorough approach to all responsibilities
- Show a consistent track record of success in achieving and exceeding annual quota and business objectives
- Exude credibility (product knowledge and professionalism)
- Develops trust easily
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.