Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do:
Primary focus is on supporting existing government regional customer base to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. Build long term customer relationships and drive profitable sales growth. Under the direction of the Regional Sales Director, personally contact existing customers needing assistance with new proposals (typically valued at less than $5,000). Working in conjunction with the Customer Care team, facilitate resolution of customer issues such as installation, service, invoicing or data issues, to ensure customer satisfaction. Communicate directly with customer, serve as single point of contact, and provide responsive solutions to customer requests. Working in support of the Regional Account Managers, assist with larger proposals and projects to ensure sales growth. Work directly with existing customers to eliminate service contact cancellations, and work to grow existing RIF. When appropriate, hand off any qualified leads for proposals outside of scope to Regional Sales Director for assignment to Regional Account Manager. Assist in identifying new government customers; execute sales strategies to secure sales to new customers. Meet assigned annual quarterly sales quota. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ALEXANDRIA, VA.
How you will do it:
• Increase sales both with existing customers, and new prospects.
• Leverage knowledge and technical resources to build estimates, create and deliver proposals for new installations and new services.
• Follow up regarding existing proposals presented to customers.
• Assist in identifying opportunities to sell additional products and services to existing government customers.
• Assist in identifying new government customers and initiate sales to those markets.
• Ensure existing customers retain service contracts; sell additional RIF to customer base.
• Contact and present Tyco products and services to potential new customers.
• Negotiate and quote pricing. Prepare and maintain sales contracts and agreements.
• Refer qualified leads to Outside Sales Team as may be required.
• Achieve and expand monthly/quarterly/annual revenue goals and submit accurate individual sales forecasts to Regional Sales Director.
• Work with other departments to resolve problems regarding customer issues and for additional information needed to complete the sale
• Build positive long term business relationships with account decision makers through telephone conversations, and/or electronic communications.
• Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction for all customers.
• Participate in company offered self-development studies and training courses.
What we look for:
• Four year college degree preferred, or applicable experience.
• Minimum of three years of business experience, preferably within a large, multi-location organization.
• Previous experience in a sales, technical or project management/administrative management role with a high-volume service business, such as the electronic security industry.
• Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels, self-motivated.
• Ability to understand and contribute to the development of a business plan, including sales and marketing strategies.
• Will meet performance and activity metrics.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.