Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
LOGIN TO SAVE THIS VACANCY
Advertising End Date:
About The Opportunity
What you ll do
The scope of the role is to manage and run GKN Cromwell Engineering as a whole in an effective manner meeting the agreed targets on flexibility. The role will be responsible to develop, manage and deliver the Manufacturing and Quality engineering resources and services that efficiently and effectively are able to perform: daily engineering work to run in new products (NPI), develop of new/improved methods, and develop product and technology strategies.
* Responsible for engineering function strategy for GKN Cromwell Engineering complying with the business strategy of AES and applicable functional strategies
* Actively establish efficient networks throughout GKN Cromwell s different units to secure efficient working/reporting structures and improve Engineering performance.
* Create Scalability and Flexibility in order to meet targets agreed with Programs and Value-streams. This includes developing the right internal flexibility (OPP) and external flexibility and offload.
* Coordinate resources between business and Programs/Value Streams within GKN Cromwell, supporting business/program accountability through clear lines of accountability (at a Value Stream and Chief Manufacturing Engineering level)
* Ensure effective capacity/utilization and cost management, managing and agreeing the Engineering workload needs and allocation (AES Americas Engineering, contractors and GAI resources deployed to AES Americas)
* Demonstrate departmental objectives substantiated and monitored by KPI s, focus on efficiency of all teams and the continuous improvement of engineering performance
* Collaborates with other functional leaders of quality, materials, production control, manufacturing information systems, and procurement to ensure short and long term business objectives are met.
* Ensures that contractual obligations and quality of our products is consistent with agreed upon customer specifications through the management of a highly engaged engineering team.
* Control the Engineering cost (time reporting, budget principles i e).
* Perform small improvement (Problem Solving and Process Efficiency) activities. Identification of large improvement activities and securing of funding to perform them.
* Identify IS/IT requirements, secure of engineering IT budgeting, and engineering capability in new business bid reviews.
* Develop Product and Technology strategies and plans for the NA military market where the global organization has limitations due to ITAR/Export control.
* Apply the Company's Diversity Policy to all personnel actions and implement effective affirmative action to ensure attainment of the company's Diversity goals.
* Provides leadership and direction with emphasis on team building.
* Development of a highly motivated, well trained staff capable of meeting the short and long-term operations requirements of the Company.
* Administer and comply with the Company's human resources policies and procedures to provide fair and equitable treatment for all employees while ensuring optimum productivity and resource utilization. Prepare and conduct regular employee performance reviews with each directly reporting subordinate at least once each year.
* Ensure the Company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through adherence to various government regulations.
* B.S. Degree in Engineering plus 10 years directly related experience in manufacturing and design. Solid foundational knowledge of technology within a larger organization
* Master Degree preferred.
* MUST BE A U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Good knowledge on business process, cost responsibility and complex engineering tasks
* Broad engineering background across multiple product sectors and customers
* Good management skills including salary administration, goal setting training needs assessment, effective delegation, coaching, etc.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with proven record of achieving performance and operational improvements in such areas as; assurance of product quality, employees and supervisory training, manpower planning and employee relations, utilizing a participative style of management required.
* Demonstrated skills in providing creative leadership; analytical and conceptual skills/abilities to identify, analyze and resolve problems creatively and strategically.
* Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and demonstrated abilities in leadership, communication and planning.
* Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and persuade all levels of management, staff, hourly employees, and customers required.
* Ability to be a leader in change management, demonstrate personal credibility and strong aptitude to proactively identify problems and propose effective solutions.
* Effective team player and partner, and demonstration of an immediate sense of urgency, as well as flexibility.
* Fully proficient with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
* Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of employees, plant leadership, customers, stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,