Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Minimum Degree Required
Non-Manager - Experienced (10+ years exp)
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.31 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day* Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
We are looking for a Senior Manufacturing IT Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our factory automation and control systems for wafer manufacturing, assembly and testing. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical solutions and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, industrial engineering, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
* System administrator (application engineer) for critical manufacturing execution system (PROMIS).
* Assure high availability ( 99.95%) and undisrupted manufacturing operations.
* Growth planning and scalability assessment.
* Member of level 1-3 support groups.
* Monitoring system health and performance. Fast remediation identification and implementation.
* Liaison and advisor of route (PROD) building group.
* Understands critical factory control systems (automation) and interactions with central MES.
* Executes maintenance tasks: hardware upgrades, code releases, clock adjustments, DB tuning, database archiving, emergency takeovers and required activity.
* Interacts with local groups and remote support organizations.
* End user training of new functionality, problem solving and troubleshooting of issues.
* PROMIS software installations, builds, testing, and deployments
* Defines, plans and executes projects and can play a project manager role.
* 10+ years relevant experience in manufacturing environment (semiconductors preferred)
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or an IT related subject.
* Good communication skills and able to interact at all levels of the organization.
* Proven experience with PROMIS MES application is a must.
* Proven OpenVMS expertise, DCL, scripting and batch jobs.
* Strong experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows, OpenVMS and UNIX/Linux based environments.
* Project Management (PM) Skills and ITIL certification desired.
* Proven system administration skills and best practices.
* Experience with tier-1 semiconductor manufacturing systems: MES, SPC, APC, FDC, RTD, CMMS and integration technologies.
* Understands software engineering principles and SDLC.
* Motivated team player with excellent planning and problem-solving skills.
* Desired programming skills and application development.
* Desired knowledge of virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
* Desirable knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing and able to interact with process, equipment, manufacturing, quality and integration engineers and management.
* Good documentation skills and familiar with office automation software (Office and collaborative platforms).
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Percentage of Travel
0% - 10%
Relocation Assistance Available
Visa Sponsorship Available