Systems Engineer II - Messaging & Collaboration at Jabil Inc.
Posted in Management 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Do you want to join one of the World's Most Admired Companies? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, who's company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the world's largest electronic manufacturing companies, Jabil is focused on hiring the best people.
Responsible for coordinating the design, packaging, testing, lifecycle, implementation and support of the on premise Microsoft Exchange Server, cloud-based email systems, and SMTP services. This includes, but not limited to, infrastructure planning, system monitoring, contingency planning, business continuity, security, performance tuning, software’ distribution, connectivity and’ production support. Serve as a technical Resource for small and large scale projects, working under limited direction with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and administration of Microsoft Office 365 cloud-based technologies
- Exchange online mail flow
- Active Directory administration
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call support rotation
- Serve as an interface to the application development teams for troubleshooting potential hardware problems.
- Diagnose advanced problem issues to reduce Mean Time to Isolation (MTTI) and Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR).
- Ensure Business Continuity by effectively managing systems and process Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- Work with business continuity specialists in the creation of business impact analysis.
- Define, identify and achieve regular metric goals.
- Create and document all actions, practices, procedures and processes
- Drive licensing and compliancy requirements definition.
- Confer with management, aid in defining the bounds and aims of system implementations, and provide management with status and progress reports.
- Achieve identified metric goals.
- Ensure technology implementations meet SLA objectives
- Assisting in the creation of strategic and long term planning based on identified business requirements
- Design, operation, and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Create and document maintenance plans.
- Create, document and implement disaster recovery and (business continuity) testing.
- Design and document replication schemas.
- Produce system designs.
- Analyze existing system procedures for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Mentor team members and provide training. Provide technological guidance to management staff
- Work under limited direction with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
- Know and understand clustering services, high availability solutions and continuous data protection technologies
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within all department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree required and one or more advanced technical certifications (such as MCSE, CISSP)
Minimum of 8 years of IT experience. Minimum of 2-year experience with Microsoft Office 365 and 1 years of Microsoft Exchange Server administration experience.
Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills – both verbal and written. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Software engineering utilizing common programming or scripting languages skills a plus. Participating in a 24/7 on-call support rotation. Defining security and systems hardening criteria. Must be able to leverage a thorough understanding of the interactions between systems to not only troubleshoot problem, but also identify performance-tuning opportunities.
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
- Experience with mailbox migration tools
- Experience with migrating platforms (legacy Microsoft, Google, and 3rd-party) to Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Server
- Administration using PowerShell
- Advanced knowledge of the following Microsoft products:
- OneDrive for Business
- Skype for Business
- Active Directory (ADCS/ADFS/ADRMS)
- Windows Azure
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.