Sales Manager - Perrysburg, OH at The Shelly Company
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Job ID: 133105
The Shelly Company (part of Oldcastle Inc.) is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
The Sales Manager is responsible for facilitating external sales of concrete and construction services in our Toledo, OH market by maintaining high quality communications between our existing customer base, future customers, and the operating departments. The successful candidate will develop future sales opportunities through quotation, customer communication, relationship building and project tracking.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Comprehensive sales and marketing of concrete services to all end users. Customer base includes private general and site contractors, municipalities, commercial businesses and various agencies within the greater Toledo area.
- Representing All Ohio Ready Mix with our customers and spending a majority of the time in the field strengthening those relationships, closing sales and prospecting for new leads.
- Follow up on all sales/quotes in a timely manner.
- Keep fully abreast of the current marketing conditions and the activities of competitors.
- Develop and strengthen relations with our existing FOB concrete customers.
- Strive to provide excellent service to all our clients by identifying and resolving concerns should any arise.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Utilization of Salesforce.com as the primary sales tool for all leads, key customer management and information portal.
- Prepare required paperwork, including quotes, bid documents, contracts, subcontracts, job worksheets, special price forms, credit approvals, billing reports, sales reports/information request, etc. accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review/update monthly backlogs and enter into our forecasting models on a monthly basis.
- Continuously review aging and address delinquent customer in coordination with our Credit Department.
- Continuously visit our production sites and develop strategies to address operational challenges i.e. slow moving inventories, moving waste products, etc.
- Implement sales strategies; uphold corporate standards, drive new sales, increase market share and profits.
- Provide management and leadership for the sales staff, perform regular performance reviews and develop stretch performance and development goals.
- Participate in the demand forecast process. Review and monitor weekly and update monthly.
- Interact regularly with operations and other lines of business to be aware of any internal/external conditions that may impact sales and/or the customer.
- Participate in local marketing events.
- Travel extensively within the region and as necessary to support and foster the customer relationship.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
- Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Willingness to develop subordinates’ technical and leadership skills and make recommendations for new job opportunities when appropriate.
- Effective management of employee performance through coaching, feedback (written and verbal), rewards, and discipline when necessary.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to get work done through others using effective delegation, scheduling, and time management practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or technical school; or two or more years related experience and/or training; or a combination of education and experience.
- COMMAND knowledge and basic understanding of concrete a plus.
- Prior experience in the construction materials industry is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to climb or balance.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
If you are looking for a company who values their employees and has opportunities for employee development and advancement, apply now. For more information about The Shelly Company and Oldcastle visit www.shellyco.com and www.oldcastle.com. If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with The Shelly Company/Oldcastle Materials!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
The Shelly Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.