Sr. Network Security Architect at Dun & Bradstreet
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Short Hills, New Jersey
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Life here at Dun & Bradstreet is changing – for the better. With almost two centuries of experience and a new modern vibe, work at D&B has never been more exhilarating. Our purpose is to grow the most valuable relationships in business by uncovering truth and meaning in data. We’re wildly passionate about our purpose, and it has us evolving everything we do – from how we engage with our customers to how we energize one another. So if you thrive in a fluid, agile culture but want the solidity of a storied and commanding brand, come join us!
Dun & Bradstreet is responsible for collecting and analyzing the data of 285 million commercial entities and 100 million associated contacts. We offer the world's most comprehensive commercial data source, and our data drives critical everyday business decisions. The trust and confidence our customers have in the protection and integrity of that data is critical to our success.
We are in the process of undergoing transformation to both our technology and processes, as well as a cultural transformation that has voted us one of the top 25 Best Places to Work in NJ! You can learn more about Dun & Bradstreet below.
The Role: The trust our customers and partners put in our systems and data is critical to our success. We are looking for a strong network security engineer/architect who can deliver on large scale initiatives to help establish and mature the information security and risk management programs. This role reports to the Director of Security Architecture and Engineering. This team is responsible for designing, building, and implementing enterprise-class security systems for production environments and identifying new solutions to mitigate emerging security threats and meet regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities: The Network Security Architect would be the technical SME and expert within the Network Security domain, responsible for designing and implementing enterprise network security technology and procedural controls. The candidate should have extensive experience with network security concepts, tools, implementation, and integration with various data sources and application stacks.
- Work across business units, IT teams and external partners to achieve our information security mission.
- Research business and technical challenges and recommend solutions to mitigate risk and improve the firm’s security posture.
- Develop detailed engineering designs using best of breed network security solutions including firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, and secure access control systems.
- Lead security technology implementation projects.
- Translate architecture specifications to low-level component design and detailed functional specifications
- Support system and network security related policy development and regulatory compliance
- Provide general network security domain knowledge to improve the enterprise security architecture
- Understand business requirements to design security controls and solutions
- Validate that acquired or developed system(s) and architecture(s) are consistent with organization's cybersecurity architecture guidelines.
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
- Provide advice on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Define and document how the implementation of a new systems or new interfaces between systems impacts the security posture of the current environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Extensive information security experience with a focus on networking and architecture.
- Ability to design countermeasures to identified security risks.
- Proficiency in running various network security tools for analysis, scanning and troubleshooting.
- Specific Information Security related experience including encryption, IDS/IPS, VPN, proxy technologies, Firewalls, SEIMs and Log Management, syslog analysis, HTTP and TCP/IP analysis, and vulnerability assessment.
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities such as: XSS/CSRF, SQL Injection, Buffer Overflow, and DoS attacks.
- Demonstrated expertise in a broad array of systems and network security technical controls and processes (e.g., identity & access management, network access control, system hardening, network segmentation, incident response, intrusion prevention, DDOS mitigation, threat intelligence, etc.).
- A professional certification in an information security domain such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA preferred but not required.
- Ability to work within an agile project management methodology
- Ability to apply an organization's goals and objectives to develop and maintain architecture.
- Ability to apply network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to TalentAcquisitionTeam@dnb.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that all Dun & Bradstreet job postings can be found at https://dnb.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers and all communication from Dun & Bradstreet will come from an email address ending in @dnb.com.