Quality Technician at Meggitt PLC
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Erlanger, Kentucky
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Quality Technician provides technical support to the quality engineering functions. Conducts examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, components and parts at various stages of the production process, to ensure compliance with established quality and reliability standards.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Conducts examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, and components on all types of standard and special products, to insure alignment with product requirements and quality standards
* Provides detail analysis, troubleshooting and evaluation of components, assemblies and systems
* Maintains documentation records and data on tests performed
* Recommends quality control solutions to complex problems and implements corrective actions
* Sets up or builds special test panels to facilitate testing and /or evaluation as needed
* Perform internal audits based on established criteria and records the results.
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational Training and/or apprenticeships in Quality Control Inspections or equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 4-6 years of relevant experience
* Skilled at performing examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, components and parts on all types of standard and special products
* Ability to independently resolve standard assignments
* Experience with blueprints, drawings and parts lists
* Proficient computer skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.