Managing Director - Pharmaceutical Health Services Research Practice at IMPAQ International LLC
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
MANAGING DIRECTOR - PHARMACEUTICAL HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCH PRACTICE
Job Location US-MD-Columbia | US-DC | US-MA-Boston | US-CA-Oakland | US-WA-Seattle
IMPAQ International is a growing and dynamic research, analytics, and technical assistance firm working in health care, workforce development, social programs, education, and international development. Our services include research, evaluations, implementation support, data analytics, information technology, surveys and data collection, and communications solutions. Clients include Federal government agencies (including HHS, CMS, DOL, USDA, ED, DOL, and USAID, and others) as well as international development agencies (such as the World Bank and the Millennium Challenge Corporation), State and local governments, as well as associations, nonprofits, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ s mission is to create enduring solutions to global problems through rigorous approaches and innovative thinking.
IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, Seattle, Washington and a Bay Area office in Oakland, California. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
The Managing Director will provide leadership and will support the growth and success of the Pharmaceutical Health Services Research practice area within the Health Division. The incumbent will oversee research, consulting and management activities and will support IMPAQ-wide initiatives, including identification and capture of new business opportunities, delivery and management of projects, and enhancement of organizational culture and development of staff talent and corporate capabilities.
* Function as an account lead for the Division, identifying and pursuing new business opportunities in the region as well as nationally.
* Develop new relationships and create new business opportunities.
* Provide technical review of proposals and company deliverables.
* Lead projects, as well as participate in the respective Division Senior Management Team.
* Conduct program evaluations.
* Perform policy analysis.
* Supervise and mentor staff.
* Conduct site visits.
* Write technical reports and proposals.
* Make presentations to government clients.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
* Master's Degree in relevant field required, PhD. degree highly desirable.
* 15+ years of relevant experience managing in a project-based, professional services and consulting firm or similar deadline driven client focused environment.
* Verifiable record of developing business opportunities in at least one of IMPAQ s core service areas at the Federal, state and/or local levels.
* Experience leading and managing research, evaluation, technical assistance or consulting projects and mentoring highly-skilled teams.
* Experience in leading proposals, providing services and preparing reports for government, private sector and non-profit clients.
* Prior leadership and supervision of a diverse, professional staff of at least 15.
* Prior experience with government contracts highly preferred.
* Outstanding leadership and communications skills appropriate for a fast-moving, project-based professional services organization.
* Strong quantitative and qualitative skills.
* Ability to think strategically about research issues and programs.
* Ability to lead projects and manage large portfolios of work.
* Excellent ability to communicate complex technical material, both orally and in writing
* Strong writing and editing skills.
IMPAQ International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).