Substation Foreman at MYR Group
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Troutdale, Oregon
Since 1912, Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc. has provided comprehensive electrical construction services to clients throughout the western U.S. We are seeking qualified Substation Foreman based out of our Troutdale, OR office who will be responsible for leading crews of lineman, operators, apprentices, and groundman on large substation projects. This will be a union position.
* Provide direct supervision and technical guidance to crews performing electrical substation construction.
* Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization
* Communicate and enforce all safety regulations
* Manage supplies, materials and equipment
* Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the project
* Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work
* Communicate directly with Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Field Crews and other project personnel as required
* Understand and follow detailed construction schedules
* The essential functions of this position are to be performed in a Company designated office or field location
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* Documentation of completion of a journeyman program or certificate is required
* Prior experience as a Foreman, General Foreman or Superintendent highly preferred
* Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, blueprints and scopes of work
* Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office
* Must be willing to travel and work away from home
* Must be able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
* Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
* Must be able to work additional hours
* A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit: www.gswc.us. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.