Sr. Test Engineer at Moog, Inc
Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: East Aurora, New York
Moog's Aircraft Group (AG) has been offering Superior Engineering and Advanced Technologies to the Commercial Aircraft Market for over six decades. Bill Moog's invention enabled the technology for Fly-by-Wire flight controls used in today's modern aircraft. Today Moog offers integrated flight control solutions, actuation control systems, and product based solutions for much of the commercial aircraft market, both here in the US and Globally.
Moog engineers are challenged with:
- Meeting demanding performance requirements
- Designing safety critical systems
- Delivering systems that will perform to expectations in harsh environments
If this excites you then read on...
As the Sr. Test Engineer you will be responsible for design/testing development of complex electrohydraulic, electromechanical & hydromechanical components and systems that will become the new products of Moog, Inc. The incumbent plans and conducts efforts requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard and nonstandard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. The Sr. Test Engineer independently devises new approaches for the problems encountered and plans and coordinates the work of others.
The Sr Test Engineer is a primary motivator and contributor to the analysis, His/Her primary concerns are system or component performance and integration, both being achieved within budget and prescribed schedules. The incumbent will coordinate the work of test engineers, technicians, designers, analysts, manufacturing engineers and others who assist in specific assignments. During the design and development phase the Sr. Test Engineer will serve as focal point for customer communications. He/She is responsible for technical project planning and for development testing. His/Her primary concern is for system or component performance and integration, so he/she will initiate or carry out whatever analysis tasks are necessary to ensure specification performance compliance. He/she is also responsible for managing engineering project budgets and schedules through close coordination with the program manager.
You can expect to:
- Establish and monitor engineering project budgets and schedules.
- Operate as a key element in a team of creative, independent individuals.
- Represent Moog in a manner consistent with its technical reputation.
- Create reliable designs through a comprehensive experimental development test program.
- Document designs, analyses, and test results with accurate and concise reports.
To be considered for this position you'll need the following:
- Preferred Master's degree in Engineering with 3 plus years' experience or Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 5 plus years' experience
- Must have experience with writing test procedures/test reports.
- Must have experience with post test data processing and analyzing.
- Preferred Qualification testing inclusive of environmental, endurance, fatigue and performance testing.
- Preferred Definition of test equipment requirements and then validation of customer requirements.
- Preferred Experience with assisting with creation of bids and proposals.
- Experience with estimating for projects.
- Preferred experience with EVM concept including the use of Microsoft Project.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran