Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Electronics Assembly Technician
Fort Worth, TX, US
Founded in 1980, MS Directional offers a comprehensive suite of directional drilling services including directional drilling, downhole performance motors, directional surveying, measurement while drilling ( MWD ), and wireline steering tools.
The Electronics Assembly Technician will be responsible for manufacturing, repair and inspection of various electronic assemblies including printed circuit boards, wiring harnesses and other items as dictated. This position will also assist engineers with design, development, testing, and manufacturing of prototype designs. This position will be responsible for documentation of every step of their processes and will be able to control their component inventory quantities.
The Electronics Assembly Technician works under the direction of the Engineering Manager.
* Verify, hand place and hand solder components on printed circuit boards in accordance with engineering documentation, manufacturing plans and IPC-6012FS standards
* Operations and maintenance of all necessary equipment needed for electronic assembly processes
* Interface with project engineers in resolution of problems related to hardware and development of manufacturing instructions
* Assemble cables, harnesses and chassis according to engineering documentation and manufacturing process plans
* Perform rework and forensic investigation of non-conforming hardware
* Accurately record information for traceability requirements, labor hours and other statistics into company databases as dictated by QA/QC
* Discuss changes with coworkers for example, in the design of the part, in the way it will be made, assembled and in the techniques utilized
* Review procedures for the project to ensure the test specifications and manufacturing steps are followed and objectives are met
* Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in products or test methods
* All other duties as assigned
* Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects and supervisors at once
* Ability to negotiate delivery timelines, handle objections and counter professionally
* Excellent soldering skills and experience with high temp soldering practices
* Ability to interpret both formal and informal assembly documentation
* Ability to function as part of a team
* Must have excellent facilitation and problem solving skills
* Must be innovative and decisive
* Ability to align with business process leaders and across functional departments
* Must be able to effectively and timely communicate any significant information to the appropriate channels.
* HS Diploma or GED equivalent
* IPC-J-STD-001 with space addendum certification and IPC-620 certification
* 3+ years of experience working in board assembly
* Bachelor s Degree in a closely related field of study
This job requires the ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines and maintain a calm and professional demeanor when adversity is encountered. It also requires the physical ability to work in office environment including the ability to sit for long periods of time while performing office or computer tasks. The job may require some overtime including weekend or holidays. The job will require some travel. All applicants must be able to commit to a full-time schedule.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.