Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Maine
The Oncology Service Line (SL) Vice President works collaboratively with a team of key clinical and administrative executives who together are charged with full responsibility and accountability for advancing and supporting all aspects of the quadruple aim as they relate to the oncology population served by the SL. This SL VP has a unique and highly valued dyad working relationship with the Oncology Physician SL Leader. Along with an extended team of clinical and administrative colleagues, these leaders are charged with the full clinical, academic, research and oncology business enterprise. Work efforts are focused around the patients served, transforming care by ensuring improved access to services, decreased variation in care delivery, removing waste from care delivery, and optimizing the patient experience all while supporting the academic and research missions. He/she actively engages in, and informs strategic planning; is on point with all regulatory and fiscal requirements of the program; generates and informs operating and capital budgets; and works effectively with other leaders to recruit and retain highly qualified providers and physician scientists to support the clinical/research enterprise. This leader is also charged with direct oversight of programs and operational areas of the clinical enterprise, including, but not limited to: Radiation Therapy, Chemotherapy/IV Infusion, the Breast Care Center; the Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Clinic; Cancer Genetics, and Oncology IS Informatics; and accepts other leadership duties as assigned.
Along with the physician dyad partner, this individual also co-leads the broader Maine Health System Oncology SL, referred to as the Maine Health Cancer Care Network. That system effort entails collaborative working relationships with community based practices and partners, MH members, and MH affiliates in advancing care models focused again on decreasing variation in care, optimizing quality outcomes, and improving access to services. This VP is also on point in supporting meaningful relationships with quaternary partners to insure access to highly specialized services and clinical trials.
Required Minimum Knowledge/Experience:
1. Seven to ten years of progressive senior administrative leadership experience directly in health care, preferably Oncology.
2. Graduate degree in related field (MBA, MHA, RN, MA, or MS).
Supporting Skills and Expertise:
* Experience in leading strategic clinical program and business planning and quality assurance.
* Excellent interpersonal skills; experience in working and collaborating closely with more senior management and physician leadership, and community based agencies and partners.
* Demonstrated supervisory, management and collaboration skills, with physicians, nurses, and the broader multidisciplinary team. Proven success in facilitating teams through cultural and organizational change.
* Ability to objectively appraise and analyze the qualifications and performance of others as well as the ability to direct their activities; dedication and commitment to mentoring direct reports and other team members.
* Excellent analytic skills; experience in solving complex problems, demonstrating creative and innovative thinking, and incorporating external and internal best practices in providing solutions, and using data to drive quality improvement.
* Willingness and ability to be flexible and nimble in an evolving, complex system and to lead via influence vs authority, working with leaders both at MMC, MH and within the communities we serve.
* Actively and effectively assumes a leadership role in participating in all regulatory reviews and accreditation surveys.
* Is on point in understanding and responding to all aspects of publically reported clinical data for the SL.
* Continuously follows, communicates and acts on performance opportunities as informed by all available clinical registry and other benchmarked data.
* Takes a lead in advancing measures to ensure provider and staff engagement, and sets performance targets for staff/employee and provider engagement goals.
* Demonstrated passion and commitment to patient-centered care.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.