Partnerships Director, Gartner Digital Markets at Gartner, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Ever built a partnership so successful that the momentum continued long after you left? If you're an energetic, results oriented person that has built successful partnerships targeting small businesses, we have a Director of Partnerships position that's right up your alley.
Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp are in the Digital Markets business unit within Gartner. We help small businesses find the software solutions they need to grow and succeed. Gartner Digital Markets offers the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced with the resources of an established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation.
To be successful, you must understand the unique value proposition of each of our three brands, create a compelling vision of how to leverage existing and new assets to drive shared value with affinity partners, communicate this vision to both internal teams and partners with passion and expertise, and execute it flawlessly.
As Director, you have the opportunity to build a team from the ground up, and work with Digital Market leadership at the highest levels. This position reports to the VP of Growth Marketing.
- Identify prospects and proactively seek to build relationships to explore partnership opportunities
- Conduct analysis, including business case modeling, to provide guidance around potential partners; evaluate strategic, operational and financial impact
- Own and execute process for creating formal relationships with partner companies; lead the entire lifecycle of a partner from first contact to due diligence, negotiation, execution of agreement and ongoing partnership management
- Define strategy for each partnership with clear deliverables and KPIs
- Interface closely with internal content, marketing and product teams to leverage existing assets or develop new assets as needed and to ensure successful implementation
- Build and mentor a Partnership team from the ground up
Who You Are:
- Your super power is putting yourself in others' shoes and understanding their needs - you're always trying to understand the "why" and look for ways to add value to a potential or existing partner
- You're a power networker - your rolodex reads like the who's who of corporate execs spanning some of the biggest brands in the U.S. and the world that are marketing to small businesses
- You're flexible - you understand priorities change, requiring you to shift focus when needed, while also working on multiple projects in parallel
- You're collaborative - you thrive in environments where you can partner and work closely with a variety of teams in many different locations.
- You're positive - you believe that a "can do" attitude can go a long way in moving mountains
- You are an effective communicator - words are your weapon and you wield them effectively
- You drive results - you stay focused on the goal, execute effectively and have the ability to influence without direct control
- BA or BS, Masters preferred in Business, Communication or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in business development, joint venture and/or partnership management
- Recent experience (within past two years) building relationships with and/or working with strategic partners, including in Financial Services (preferred, not a must)
- Existing relationships with corporate executives in at least one of the target segments - Financial Services, Trade Associations & Advocacy Groups, and Others targeting small businesses (e.g. co-working, office supplies and logistics companies). Experience in Financial Services preferred.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, negotiating and implementing complex partnership deals
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize as needed
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated success in working with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Clear thinker with strong analytical skills
See job description
Job ID 00020651