Manager of IT - Orders, Radiant, Willow, Doc Imaging, ASAP at Renown Healthcare
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reno, Nevada
This position is accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of a team within the Informaton Technology department ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction are maintained.
* Patricipates in the development of the strategy, architecture, technology standards, service delivery standards and procedures for the enterprise
* Analyzes and predicts trends and develops short- and long-range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness of the enterprise's operation
* Participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of systems and best practices as related to the needs of the business
* Proactively researches and recommends courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high service levels for the user community
* Establishes metrics, key performance indicators and service level agreements for driving performance of IT service delivery
* Reviews project requests and provides overall direction/guidance to assigned personnel to projects
* Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports
* Prepares activity and progess reports
Nature and Scope:
This is a Manager level position. This position will focus on the information technology needs to support Renown Health and its entities. Manages all aspects of:
Team: govern the purpose and focus of the team including:
a) Create the mission statement for the team
b) Create a service catalog for the team
Staffing : Manage all aspects of effective use of human resources including:
c) Effective selection, hiring and on-boarding
d) Training, mentoring, development
e) Timely and candid evaluation, coaching, discipline and discharge
a) Annually budget for capital and operating resources needed to meet organization needs
b) Identify, justify, prioritize
c) Consider alternatives
d) Develop ROI analysis as appropriate
e) Monitor and manage to budgets throughout the year.
f) Anticipate, explain and track variances
g) Track impact of decisions and expected changes for future budget cycles
Planning, Coordination, Performance Improvement:
a) Support strategic planning by providing insights, analysis, recommendations. Identify opportunities
b) Perform continuous operational planning in support of effective and efficient IT and business operations
c) Continuously look for ways to streamline and improve IT and business operations and performance
d) Coordinate work with peers and other sections of the IT division
Work Planning, Assignment, Project Management etc :
a) Plan work in support of organization needs and against available resource capacity
b) Assign work, set clear expectations for deliverables, timelines
c) Monitor progress, adjust plans, take action when needed to ensure successful and timely delivery
d) Evaluate work products and provide feedback (positive and negative)
e) Ensure timely work completion
f) Use standard Project Management methods and work products, oversee multiple concurrent projects
g) Maximize benefits of investments, optimize effectiveness of IT and business operations
h) Communicate status, issues, risks, help needed, progress etc timely and effectively
Customer Relationship Management & IT Governance: Work closely with assigned internal customers' to
a) Manage customer relationships
b) Understand customer needs and opportunities, facilitate customer understanding of IT
c) Manage customer expectations, provide timely communications
d) Manage customers' work requests and outstanding work request queue (prioritization, work scheduling etc)
e) Provide customer with options for work timing, work sequencing and use of contract labor
f) Plan for staff and budget resources needed to meet customer needs.
g) Facilitate Information Technology Steering Committee and Sub-Committee work
Vendor / Technology assessment, selection and management:
a) Evaluate vendors and technologies
b) Evaluate proposals
c) Review, negotiate and manage vendor contracts
d) Run and participate in structured system selection processes
e) Analyze options, summarize findings, make recommendations
f) Ensure compatibility and integration with existing and planned systems
g) Monitor and manage vendor performance and compliance with contract terms
h) Document, report and escalate vendor performance problems as appropriate
Policies & Procedures, Disaster preparedness and response, Accreditations:
a) Develop, review, refine Policies & Standard Operating Procedures ( SOPs )
b) Ensure adherence with Renown and departmental SOPs
c) Support auditing and audits, respond to findings, take corrective actions as appropriate
d) Ensure development, updating and routine review of Disaster Recovery Plans
e) Assist business units with development of Business Continuity & Recovery Plans
f) Direct disaster response efforts when necessary
g) Ensure attainment and maintenance of various accreditations
a) Adhere to Renown Health Policies and Procedures.
b) Support Renown Health goals and strategies.
c) Support Renown Health Fundamentals and Standards of Conduct.
May perform other duties as assigned.
This position does not provide patient care.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
Bachelors in Information Technology, Business or similar required, experience may be substituted for education.
* Five years experience working in a medium to large Information Systems department required; at least two (2) years implementing and/or supporting healthcare software applications is preferred
* Three years of management experience in an information systems department required
* Software applications implementation experience required.
* Oversight of large IT project experience required.
* Ability to be part of a cross-departmental and cross-functional team, and participate in the organization and execution of projects
* Experience in managing multiple work streams and complex projects simultaneously
* Experience managing compliance efforts including HIPAA, PCI , and other related compliance agencies and implementing IT controls to ensure compliance and compliance testing - preferred.
* Familiar with implementation of best practices - processes and procedures - and documentation.
* Forward-thinking and excellent planning skills - able to develop monthly, quarterly, yearly, 3-year plans .
ITIL certification preferred
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.