Community Health Worker - Food Pharmacy - Full Time - Days at ProMedica Health
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sylvania, Ohio
Community Health Worker - Food Pharmacy - Full Time - Days
Operations / Services / Trades
ProMedica - ProMedica System - PHS Corporate - Food Pharmacy (9503)
Sylvania, OH 43560 US (Primary)
At ProMedica, our difference is our people. Named best company to work for by Toledo City Paper readers in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan, our organization attracts the most talented individuals in the industry because we help them meet their full potential professionally and personally. Our comprehensive network provides opportunities for career development in areas such as oncology, heart and vascular, orthopedics, neurology, and women s and children s services, as well as other professional fields such as healthcare administration, operations information technology, community education and outreach, and many others.
But we offer our employees more than just a job. Our locally owned, non-profit organization encourages a culture of personal and professional growth, diversity and active community involvement. We strive to improve the health and well-being of those we serve, not only through superior medical care, but through charity care and focused community advocacy programs. Each year across our system, we manage 2.73 million inpatient and outpatient visits
The community health worker (CHW) is the foundation of the pathways program for chronic disease management program. This culturally and geographically connected individual serves as the link between underserved communities and existing comity resources. Through home visits, this individual assists clients in overcoming barriers to health, social services, education, and employment by performing the follow:
* Uses the pathways protocols for care coordination activities at all times
* Interviews clients and brings information gathered to appropriate departments to determine nature and degree of problem
* Coordinates with ambulatory care navigator when working with shared patients for continuity of care and improving patient outcomes.
* Implements activities for the purpose of removing patient/gamily barriers, following the plan of care
* Enters information from home visits into (EPIC*) database.
* Secures information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to client s situation and forwards information to clinical professionals for evaluation.
* Accesses and records client s and community s resource information
* Advocates for client and acts as a liaison between client and other service providers.
* Counsels client individually, in family or other small groups regarding plans for meeting needs and aids client to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve social functioning.
* Helps client and family understand, accept, and follow the plan of care.
* Reviews care plan developed by clinical professionals and performs appropriate follow-up activities as directed.
* Secures supplementary information such as employment or medical records or school reports as directed.
* Determines client s eligibility for services such as financial assistance, insurance, and other programs in place to assist individuals and refers clients to community resources and other agencies to meet identified needs.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Education: High School Diploma or GED
* Skills: Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal and communication skills.
* License: Valid Driver s license.
* Certification: Successful completion of the AHEC Partnership for Community Health Workers and be certified by the Ohio Board of Nursing (or in the process of certification)
* Years of Experience: Some home visit experience preferred. Previous experience with community programs is preferred.
* Must be able to accurately input and retrieve information from a computer.
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details