Superintendent 1 at Lend Lease
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
Provide overall leadership , includes field administration/supervision and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of foreman, subcontractors, and other construction related personnel. MEP experience is preferred. Directing them in planning, coordination and execution of work on time, within budget, attaining or exceeding profit goals, maintaining a safe work place, promoting and enhancing client relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
* Maintains a robust understanding of safety requirements for all aspects of the site, including pre-planning, monitoring of construction activities and site conditions, and taking corrective actions to non-compliant work. Driving the Lendlease EHS initiatives on a daily basis with the trades/subcontractors.
* May instruct others on projects or assignments without management responsibility for Lendlease employees.
* Consistently tests quality of work in progress to minimize rework through daily monitoring of resources, including manpower, materials and temporary works against project plan.
* Seeks out knowledge of specific construction trades and an awareness of their technical capabilities. Applies this awareness to problem solving.
* Manages the delivery of commercial outcomes by ensuring subcontractors are clear about the performance expectations for their role and effectively addressing any performance issues in a timely manner.
* Is accountable for raising any concerns relating to compliance implications for the team or project.
* Delivers to quality expectations by understanding the deliverables.
* Monitors project progress, sequencing logic, identifies and manages associated temporary works.
* Monitors and manages site program and maintains an accurate project plan, including provision of required documentation and resources. Adheres to timelines and manages workflow according to demand. Can develop well-structured and realistic work plans with clear breakdown of tasks. Allocates own time and resources effectively.
* Actively seeks exposure to varied projects and different stages of the project lifecycle. Learns from more experienced team members by observing and asking questions.
* Has a solid understanding of the skills and expertise of the broader team and harnesses the relevant professionals to maximize success.
GENERAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* 4-year degree in an accredited industry related curriculum, or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree
* One to Three years experience as an Assistant Superintendent, or Three to Five years of construction related experience
* Demonstrated proficiency in managing site activity, anticipating and resolving field-related issues, establishing and enforcing site schedule
* Prior success managing site safety and insurance risks
* Demonstrated prior success in management of small scale construction projects
* Proficient in the use of basic computer applications and software such as MS Office and construction scheduling programs as used by the company
* Ability to safely navigate conditions present at a construction site, including climbing ladders, cluttered areas, working in bad weather, hazardous areas, dark conditions, and maneuvering uneven surfaces etc. for the purpose of inspecting progress
LENDLEASE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO THEIR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS AND WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY.
VEVRRA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR