Visual Merchandiser at Mattel/American Girl
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
We re looking for a dynamic individual as Visual Merchandiser to execute American Girl s visual standards at the retail store level. This position entails new product launches and initiatives, seasonal floor sets, changes to floor due to product availability, daily maintenance of product displays, and adherence to the organization s visual high standards.
* Assist visual merchandising manager in the execution of display window changes, merchandise changes and planogram layouts, and graphic changes.
* Create dynamic displays using dolls and complementary product. Keep current on product knowledge.
* Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing tasks based on business need and to troubleshoot when product availability becomes an issue.
* Maintain the overall visual and merchandising standards of the store consistent with the organization s vision of the brand.
* Develop and maintain positive, cooperative relationships with staff, management, and corporate partners. Provide assistance to customers as needed.
* Stock merchandise when needed.
Experience, Education & Skills
* Bachelor s degree, preferred.
* 1 2 years of successful work experience in retail merchandising, retail, or related field which includes expertise in customer service, preferred.
* Manual skills in doll styling, straight blade cutting, and minor assembly, preferred.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights/overnights, weekends and holidays.
ABOUT AMERICAN GIRL
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, content, and experiences that nourish a girl s spirit and help develop her strength of character. Best-selling lines include Truly Me , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , WellieWishers , and American Girl s classic historical characters. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, in its proprietary U.S. experiential retail stores, as well as at specialty retailers nationwide. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of parents and educators.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
minorities/female/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity