Laboratory Technician 2 (Cell Culture) (ID# 12845) at Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Detrick, Maryland
Laboratory Technician 2 (Cell Culture)
Fort Detrick, MD, (ID# 12845)
Since 1969, the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) has served as the Department of Defense's (DoD) lead laboratory for medical biological defense research. While its core mission is to protect the warfighter from biological threats, USAMRIID also investigates disease outbreaks and threats to public health. Research conducted at USAMRIID leads to medical solutions--therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics, and information--that benefit both military personnel and civilians. USAMRIID is a subordinate laboratory of the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command.
We are seeking an experienced Laboratory Technician for USAMRIID's Scientific Research Cell Culture and Hybridoma Service Center.
* Provide technical advice and supports requirements for cellular based work for investigators through production and quality control of cell cultures, media, hybridomas and monoclonal antibodies for the Institute, and maintains a LN2 storage repository for cells and hybridomas.
* Maintain 14 cell lines and 25 hybridomas.
* Produce approximately 40,000 vessels of cells per year.
* Produce, maintain, and archive cell line records IAW GLP regulations and SOPs.
* Produce, maintain, and archive hybridoma records IAW institutional guidance.
* Maintain GLP Equipment Management--ensuring equipment is ready for use and GLP compliant (approximately 100 pieces of equipment) IAW applicable regulations and SOPs.
* Assist with the validation of existing and newly acquired equipment.
* Assist in maintaining approximately 40 Cell Culture and Hybridoma specific SOPs. Included, but not limited to, periodic review, revision, writing, and peer review.
* Maintain LN2 Freezer Inventory for Cell Lines and Hybridomas (approximately 75,000 plus vials).
* Maintain environmental monitoring according to schedule, monthly mycoplasma testing, and additional QC (quality control) testing on a determined schedule as needed.
* Maintain inventoried supplies/reagents so that research is not delayed.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline
* 2-4 years' experience performing cell culture and lab support activities
* Ability to troubleshoot common technical problems associated with cell culture
* Ability to read and understand Standard Operating Procedures
* Knowledge of GLP guidelines
* Proficient with Outlook, Excel and other required computer applications
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply online at www.cherokee-cna.com
Cherokee Nation Assurance (CNA) is a technology solutions provider specializing in delivering information technology, management consulting program support and professional support services. CNA's full scope of computer and technology-related services include enterprise architecture, application development, database administration, systems administration, networking, security compliance, configuration management, infrastructure services, video surveillance, access control and professional IT services. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNA is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
* you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com. This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.