Product Engineer at KLA-Tencor
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Milpitas, California
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
This person will be involved in new and sustaining product service engineering duties to include, but not limited to:
* Drive continuous improvement of system hardware, diagnostics and software, tooling, technical documentation, and knowledge management.
* Serve as the central technical resource / interface with design engineering, manufacturing, technical support, quality, marketing and field as the product(s) move through the Product Life Cycle
* Work directly with aforementioned teams in fully integrated manner to incorporate value-added serviceability, reduce cost-of-service (CoS), and improve product reliability and service revenue.
* Create requirements and influence designs to include features that will optimize GSS business: calibrations and diagnostics, CoS, reliability, design tolerances, protect our service intellectual property.
* Work with Service Marketing to define Service Offerings, including analyzing market needs, forecasting CoS, and developing Sales support materials
* May be called upon to help in field activities to augment NPI and Technical Support teams during product beta and sustaining escalation efforts. This activity can be on-site or from headquarters. Up to 20% travel may be required.
* 3+ years progressively more responsible engineering experience.
* Must be able to work with wide variety of technologies, including mechanics, electronics, optics and software.
* Strong analytic and data analysis skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required and must work well independently as well as in a team environment.
* Experience with Reliability Engineering a plus.
* System level troubleshooting experience required
* Adept at methodical troubleshooting, including driving learning and standardization where appropriate
* Python of other programing skills a plus
* Master's Level Degree OR
* Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 1 years of experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.