Field Credit Analyst at Synovus Financial Corp.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Augusta, Georgia
Job Description: Job Summary:
As part of the Community Bank underwriting team, performs duties related to the credit review of manually underwritten commercial loans. Collaborates with loan officers and may interact with customers as appropriate for level. Refers to documented policies and procedures to guide and support the review and decision-making process. Seeks the advice of senior team members on more complex and questionable issues that are outside of the assigned scope. Performs research and financial and statistical analysis to determine and support the clients' credit worthiness while minimizing risk exposure. Prepares analysis, reports and presentations for management review and regulatory reporting. Ensures all transactions and processing are in compliance with regulatory and company guidelines, policies and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs duties related to the credit review of commercial manually underwritten loans. Focuses primarily on less complex large commercial loan requests, with limited independent decision-making authority. Learns to apply knowledge of credit/risk management processes to ensure the appropriate balance between company risk and customer/client focus and relationship is maintained.
* Spreads financial statements; may work with Dual Risk Rating and may perform Credit Service Reviews. Researches credit quality, character and soundness including, but not limited to, analysis of extensive statistical data & financial statements, sensitivity analysis, industry analysis, management assessment, guarantor analysis, etc. Ensures the consistent use of well-supported and factual analyses and processes to determine and recommend risk ratings.
* Follows standard operating procedures when preparing analyses, reports, and presentations for management review. Performs accurate spreading of historical financial statements; prepares prudent projections, free of repetitious spread numbers and superfluous narrative; and represents a clear focus on the merits, risks, and mitigating factors accordingly. Ensures each step of the process is in compliance with all company and regulatory guidelines, policies, procedures and methodology. Stays abreast of variations in laws across state boundaries, if applicable.
* May partner with more senior analysts and loan officers to screen loan packages and collect "due diligence" materials; learns to interact and provide guidance to customers and accountants. May travel to customer locations with loan officers. Provides analytical support for developing and maintaining credit studies, financial background information and other relevant data on present and prospective customers. Analyzes present and proposed lending and recommends optimum course of action to maximize profitability while providing a complete risk/delinquency analysis.
* May assist with the development and maintenance of management reporting systems, both manual and automated, that provide an accurate and readily available reference library of loan portfolios, clients' current and historical data, reports, SOP, etc. Ensures all support documentation, both prepared and submitted, are in compliance and retained in accordance with the company's records retention policy.
* May work with specific lenders on portfolio management. Proactively prepares for renewals, performs calculation of borrowing bases, monitors covenants, etc.
* Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
* Performs other related duties as required.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
Minimum Experience: 2 - 4+ years job specific experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Course work experience in the following areas:
* Analyzing and interpreting financial statements and tax returns
* Performing diverse analysis and preparing supporting documentation
* Knowledge of financial accounting theory, methodology and logic
* Good analytical ability and attention to detail
* Proficient at the intermediate level with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to meet service level agreements
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients
* Ability to use work flow tool
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
* Basic knowledge of credit risk analysis/underwriting principles, methods, practices and regulatory requirements
* Basic knowledge of credit/lending systems and databases