Mortgage Banker Assistant (Overland Park, KS) at Bank Midwest at NBH Bank
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our customers, associates and/or shareholders.
Provide support to Mortgage Banker(s) in the form of preparing, disclosing and collecting documentation for residential mortgages by loan program type for processing and underwriting. The Mortgage Banker Assistant will communicate and coordinate loan progress and needs with clients, partners, internal departments and external third parties as needed.
* Assist with loan documentation preparation (loan disclosures) to applicant
* Coordinate and communicate the progress and needs among applicant, Mortgage Banker, Processor, Underwriter and external third party entities
* Ensure all disclosures are within Federal and State Law requirements : initial disclosure, re-disclosure and change of circumstance
* Follow all established policies and procedures and maintain compliance with all lending regulations
* Clear and submit conditions with Processor, Underwriter and Mortgage Banker
* Coordinate closings with customer, Mortgage Banker, Processor, Underwriter and third parties as needed
* Establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, applicants, partners, internal departments and external third party entities
* Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
* Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
* High school diploma.
* 1 year of mortgage lending experience
* Associate's degree or equivalent work experience
* 3 years of experience in mortgage lending experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
* Ability to use discretion, tact and diplomacy when interacting with applicants, co-workers, partners and third party entities.
* Ability to think logically in order to analyze situations, and make sound decisions.
* Attention to detail with proofreading and editing skills.
* Flexibility to assist at other locations as needed.
* Customer service driven; responsive to client issues and concerns.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, a must.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, loan documents, agency, investor and regulatory agency requirements.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; working knowledge of Visio a plus.
* Technical ability to learn/utilize proprietary and third party vendor systems for reporting
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
* Office setting
* Sitting for extended periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
* Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
* Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
* May require flexibility in hours to meet customer needs.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.