Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Perform activities in diagnostic evaluation, therapy, life-sustaining techniques, and education of patients and families of all age groups, neonatal to geriatric. Require a high level of expertise in ventilator management and sophisticated diagnostic procedures.
* Perform respiratory procedures per established guidelines.
* Clinical assessment is completed for all age groups, including breathing patterns, ABG interpretation, CSR, pulmonary waveforms, and other non-invasive monitoring.
* Patients clinical condition report is communicated effectively, including key plan of care.
* Respiratory therapy consultation and support is provided to other healthcare team members.
* Documentation and billing is completed per Meditech policy.
* Respiratory devices and interventions are maintained per manufacturer and department guidelines.
* Clinical resource support is provided daily for respiratory staff and facility.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Associates Degree required.
* For Senior Respiratory Therapist: Bachelors Degree or equivalent and 5 years experience as Registered Respiratory Therapist required.
* Bachelors Degree preferred.
* Registered Respiratory Therapist.
* Current Massachusetts Respiratory Care License.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Basic and advanced respiratory skills.
* BLS certified.
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Maintain variable work schedule to meet department needs. (evenings, holidays, weekends and travel).
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.