Customs Broker Assistant, Entry Writer at DSV Air & Sea Inc.
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Erlanger, Kentucky
Location: Erlanger, KY
Job Posting Title: Customs Broker Assistant, Entry Writer
As a Customs Broker Assistant / Entry Writer you will have responsibility for coordinating the transportation and storage of imported goods and requesting, or compiling, necessary customs documentation for shipments while adhering to all applicable laws. You will deliver exceptional customer service support to freight operations as you assist in coordinating and confirming the release and delivery of cargo.
* Process and enter ocean/air shipment data for customs entries into Company database as well as other government agency interfaces as applicable
* Prepare shipping documentation related to customs and process import/export documents with clearing agents
* Perform data entry of financial data related to the billing of customs charges in order to help ensure the timely collection of payments due
* Review and monitor shipments rejected by Customs, handling requests for information for customers and any other government agencies
* Maintain files of customer records, reports and documentation
* Provide administrative support to the Customs Brokerage team
* Build and maintain relationships with co-workers and clients
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High school Diploma or GED
* 1-2 years entry writing and/or brokerage operation experience and prior utilization of CargoWise One preferred
* Knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities and ocean ports
* Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver a high level of customer service
* Detail-oriented, organized and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
* Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati