Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
The NP functions in an interdependent role by implementing the appropriate \\"Standardized Procedures\\" (SP). By using the SPs the NP is able to change treatment regimen after observing signs and symptoms of illness, reactions to treatment, general behavior and physical condition and determines if they are abnormal findings (Ca Nursing Practice Act, subsection(b) of Section 2725). This role will move between both the inpatient and outpatient psychiatric settings. The NP will assist and extend the MD services for te adult and child PHP and IOP programs within the Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital.
Provide and coordinate the care of patients, provide patient/family education, promote safe continuity of care.
Participate in interdisciplinary and clinical rounds, provide education and support, as well as make appropriate referrals.
Document services rendered.
NPIII is designated as an expert resource within the specialization or clinical experience.
Certifications: State of California NP, National Certification (i.e. ANCC) as of August 2015.
Qualified to obtain LPS Certification****
Master's degree in a clinical field related to nursing, or a graduate degree in nursing
Three years of inpatient psychiatric nursing required.
1. Ability to utilize excel, word and other software programs
2. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships with administrative, clinical and academic personnel
3. Skill in working independently and following through with minimum directions
4. Ability to set priorities
5. Demonstrate writing skills to compose logical, detailed and grammatically correct correspondence
6. Document patient care in an concise and comprehensive manner