Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01512-18971
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
Under the general supervision of the unit's Director or designee, the Charge Nurse assumes responsibility for the direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the Charge Nurse is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit. The Charge Nurse also collaborates with the Director regarding budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement.
* CLINICAL ROLE MODEL - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff. Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when he/she is on duty.
* LEADERSHIP - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision and management of staff. Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shifts.
* ADMINISTRATIVE - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit. Makes decisions regarding activities within the unit based on Nursing and Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE - Demonstrates awareness of his/her unique position and method of dealing with customers. Continuously strives to exceed customer's needs.
* Other duties as assigned.
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
* Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
* BLS certification.
* ACLS certification (within 6 months of employment and if required within the department for the specific patient population). Additional certifications or validation of education will be required based upon the department's patient population needs (such as PALS, NRP, TNCC, STABLE, FHM, and national nursing certifications, etc).
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* Minimum of one (1) year of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit (experience may be substituted for an area of similar patient types).
Leadership and management experience is highly desirable.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.