Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Alexandria, Louisiana
Job Code: 02348-10254
RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER ALEXANDRIA, LA
THINKING OF RELOCATING TO PEACEFUL ALEXANDRIA, LA* CHECK OUT ALL THERE IS TO DO:
ABOUT RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Founded in 1903 at the corner of Second and Lee streets in Alexandria, Louisiana, Rapides Regional Medical Center represents a proud heritage of compassionate healthcare services coupled with the most advanced technology of the day.
With a continued emphasis on progressive care, Rapides Regional Medical Center has grown to meet the continually changing needs of our patients and the rapidly advancing technology of modern healthcare. Located in downtown Alexandria and easily accessible from Interstate 49, the hospital is licensed for 328 beds and fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
RAPIDES REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER IS CURRENTLY HIRING AN EVS ASSISTANT (HOUSEKEEPER).
The EVS Assistant (Housekeeper) is responsible for daily cleaning and supplying of patient rooms, wards, nursing stations, lounges, lavatories, bathrooms, offices, and other areas assigned in accordance with standard procedures of the Housekeeping Department and in accordance with hospital objectives The housekeeper will use cleaning devices including 12 oz. wet mops, small wringers, dusters, vacuum cleaners, and other necessary tools, chemicals, and supplies. Supplies will be transported on special housekeeping carts. Works closely with nursing staff and patients.
Primary Job Duties:
* Performs cleaning function in assigned areas and established schedules following the 7-Step cleaning process
* Assist in cleaning of emergency spills observed or upon request.
* Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and have repairs made when needed.
* Observe and report the need for repairs to equipment, furniture, building and fixtures.
* Must be able to stoop, bend, and lift objects no more than 25 lbs.
* Must be able to work any shift hour.
* Must be able (after training) to demonstrate the correct use of chemicals, supplies and tools assigned.
* Must be able to (after training) demonstrate the 7-Step cleaning process
* Must be able to read and understand written and oral instructions
* Behavior demonstrates understanding and adherence to Rapides Regional Medical Center s values which are:
* Works with an attitude of SERVICE
* Promotes TEAMWORK within the department and the organization
* Exhibits ACCOUNTABILITY and responsibility in the performance of the job
* Exhibits RESPECT to self and others
* Demonstrates an attitude of SAFETY in all tasks, job duties and responsibilities
* Performance Improvement/CQI Principles are consistently demonstrated in the performance of assigned duties.
* Attendance records reflect a punctual, dependable and responsible employee.
* Demonstrates adherence to the principles of safety and infection control.
* Appropriately handles all information including confidential information.
* Strives to anticipate and exceed expectations of their customers as demonstrated by positive customer comments and management observation.
* Communicates in a clear, courteous manner, demonstrating positive interpersonal skills.
* Utilizes medical center property and resources effectively and efficiently.
* Willingly accepts and performs all assigned duties.
* Reflects RRMC values and sensitivity to RRMC s ethical and compliance principles and the Code of Conduct in the daily activities.
* The employee demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the Code of Conduct.
* Demonstrates Support for patient rights in day-to-day interactions.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.