Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Orange Park, Florida
Job Code: 01310-8745
At Orange Park Medical Center, we are committed to quality care and a heightened focus on extraordinary service. Founded in 1974, Orange Park Medical Center has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider in northeast Florida.
We are a full-service, acute-care hospital with 297 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities. The hospital has 150 private rooms. There are nine labor, delivery and recovery room suites for new mothers and a seven-bed, Level-2 neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for premature babies and those born with special needs. There is also a 24-bed psychiatric unit and 20 intensive care unit (ICU) beds.
Position Summary and Duties assigned
* Performs those duties directly involved with a variety of technical procedures utilizing ionizing radiation and Computerized Axial Tomography for the purpose of detecting pathology.
* Regulates the equipment used to produce and process images.
* Assists in the daily operation of the Radiology department.
* Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and medical staff.
* CT duties along w/RT will be required
* The CT Tech will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treats each patient with dignity and care, and maintains patient confidentiality/privacy.
* Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
* This position requires competence in assessment, treatment, and/or care for the age groups indicated.
* The staff member must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area.
* The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training, or experience.
* AA/AS Degree
* Training in an accredited program or school of Radiologic Technology
* 1 or more years of experience in CT and RT
* Registered with the ARRT(CT)/ Current FL license as General Radiographer/BLS
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.