CT Technologist at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Job Code: 25121-101025
Schedule: Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday 10 pm - 6:30 am
Medical City Alliance is a full-service, 75-bed, acute care facility serving the communities of Fort Worth, Keller, Roanoke, Haslet, Saginaw and surrounding communities in northern Tarrant county and southern Denton county. The hospital offers a variety of services, specializing in women s, cardiology, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, and emergency care. Medical City Alliance is a green facility, silver LEED certified for environmental and energy efficiency.
The CT Tech:
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in the performance of CT scans assessment and reassessment and implementation of the patient's orders in accordance with the department and organizational standards and policies
* Completes appropriate documentation for each study performed
* Maintains thorough knowledge of the scanners and exam protocols in order to ensure the highest quality procedures
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Performs high-level disinfection.
* Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
* Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray/fluoro procedures on patients.
* Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
* May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
* Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Emergency Department, Operating Room and at patient bedside.
* Takes pictures and develops film.
* Must be able to be on an on-call status and respond within thirty (30) minutes of notification.
Technical degree or vocational training
Prefer at least 1 year of CT experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
ARRT(R), ARRT (CT), MRT, and BLS. CT certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.