Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Orthopedic Neurological, Days at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Paso, Texas
Job Code: 01512-18820
Days (rotating weekends)
Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
To provide quality care to patients under the direction of a RN, in accordance with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of Del Sol Medical Center.
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient populations served: Orthopedic and spine surgeries including but not limited to joint replacements, spinal fusions, laminectomies, neurological conditions, trauma and Offsite cardiac monitoring.
* Demonstrates knowledge and application of basic patient care, to include activities of daily living, vital signs and intake and output.
* Participates in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
* Practices, endorses and provides customer service skills to patients, visitors physicians and staff.
* Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality
* Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
* Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities, as directed by the Registered Nurse.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Current Certification Nurse Aide in state of Texas --Required.
* Basic Cardiac Life Support certification --Required.
* High School Education or General Equivalency Degree-- Required
* Certification from an Accredited Certified Nurse Aide Program
CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
* Hospital Experience--Preferred
* Read and write Basic English--Required.
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family internal and external partners needs.
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.