Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Trinity, Florida
Job Code: 00146-7397
Mixed (rotating weekends)
The Transporter is responsible for greeting and transporting patients to and from all major ancillary departments using proper safety techniques and mode of transportation. On occasion, assists other hospital personnel in moving deceased patients to the morgue. Job tasks and responsibilities include:
* Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas as requested.
* Assist clinical personnel in transferring patients to and from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers.
* Greet and offer assistance to customers throughout the hospital.
* Collect and deliver specimens, orders, requisitions and equipment to appropriate destinations.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
Job qualifications include:
* High school diploma or GED required.
* At least one year of related experience preferred.
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* enrolled in healthcare courses preferred
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
* Current BLS through the American Heart Association is required.
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.