Impairment Rating IR Assistant at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Coppell, Texas
Job Code: 24901-68859
Exciting opportunity to join the nation\'s largest provider of healthcare services with over 125 clinics!
CareNow is HCA Healthcare s fastest growing line of business and is leading the charge in urgent care medicine. Our amazing CareNow clinics offer superior convenience and quality treatment when you need it most and we are looking for an exceptional Impairment Rating Assistant to join our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, patient-centered care in the communities we serve 7 days a week.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
Interested in learning more about us* Click here!
This position is based at the CareNow home office in Coppell ,TX. Typical hours in the office are Monday Friday 8am 5pm with the occasional need for overtime.
Perform all clerical functions for the IR Physicians, ie: operation of EHR an
dictation / transcription system. Must accurately enter data a into databases and
Word documents, search for information, send and receive emails with
attachments. Organize IR paperwork. Must be able to check in and check out the
IR patients for their appointments Assists with maintaining detailed Chart Log
regarding faxes/correspondence with specialists offices and adjustors for pending
This role will deal heavily with Medical Records including but not limited to reading/reviewing, requesting/receiving, gathering, and putting records together.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: * Call and email patients to schedule and/or confirm appointments with IR Physician.
* Helps maintain the IR schedules for the IR Physicians
* Assist with faxing and mailing completed IR reports to Texas Department of Insurance and worker s compensation insurance carriers as well as the patient and adjustor if requested
* Gathers notes from outside facilities and adjuster for IR Physician. Review PDF files to anticipate missing records and proactively request missing records from outside entities
* Room patient and prepare for examination by providing basic information regarding IR appointment
* Scribe information during IR appointments at the direction of the IR physician. Transcribe findings into Word document to provide to IR Physician. Be accurate and thorough with Impairment Rating information requested by the physician, ie: medical history and physical exam
* Help to conduct Nurse Call Back audits
* Identify mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation in order to correct the information and reduce errors
* Assist with summarizing medical records for upcoming Impairment Rating appointments
* 2-3 years experience with medical records.
* 2-3 years experience with scribing medical information is required.
* 2-3 years of Worker's Compensation experience is required.
* In-depth knowledge of medical terminology.
* 1-2 years of Insurance Coding is preferred.
* Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook and Internet
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Associates or Bachelors Degree in a related field preferred.
* Must have a valid drivers license.
**This position is based at the CareNow office in Coppell ,TX.
WE BELIEVE IN GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND, AND FEEL THAT THERE IS NO NOBLER PURSUIT THAN THAT OF CARING FOR AND IMPROVING HUMAN LIFE. WE HOPE YOU LL JOIN US ON OUR MISSION!
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.