Environmental Associate Per Diem at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Fort Pierce, Florida
Job Code: 00102-8176
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES ASSOCIATE, PRN
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 365-bed acute care hospital. Home to the Treasure Coast Level II Trauma Center, it provides life-saving care for patients with critical injuries from St. Lucie, Indian River, Okeechobee and Martin counties. Specialty services include a full range of cardiac care from diagnostics to open-heart surgery, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Behavioral Health, an Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Center as well as the only Mazor Robotics Program that provides highly-accurate, minimally-invasive surgery for complex spinal cases.
In 2014, Children s Services expanded, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the new Pediatric ER opened. These dedicated services for the smallest and the sickest children provide quality, child-friendly care, close to home.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as a Top Performer and a Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood is the only hospital on the Treasure Cost with a Truven Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital designation and CARF Accreditation.
At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first no matter what!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
The EVS Team Member works under the direction of EVS Management and performs the following general duties as assigned:
* Provides cleaning services as directed with consideration for Patients, their family and friends
* Demonstrates understanding and respect for the personal dignity and values of all patients and visitors
* Ensures compliance with all required process and procedural steps
* Adheres to Infection Control policies and procedures,
* Maintains a clean and safe patient environment at all times
* Promotes efficient performance of all the EVS required duties.
* Follows all hospital and departmental policies and procedures related to the housekeeping function.
* Reads, understands and follows manufacturer's directions, complies with MSDS requirements, and follows Supervisor's, Director's or manufacturer's representative's additional directions, as appropriate for all chemicals and equipment used, both for personal safety, the safety of others and the protection of objects being cleaned.
* Ability to read, write, and converse in English required
* High School or GED preferred
* One (1) year experience in Healthcare Environmental Services preferred
* Ability to work in environments containing human blood and body fluids required
* Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with patients, visitors, co-workers and management required
* Ability to comprehend and deliver highest possible standards of customer service required
* Sufficient knowledge, skill and dexterity to access and interface with computers and other digital systems required
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.